Currency Trading !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Alex_lit, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Alex_lit

Alex_lit

What do you think about currency trading? Is that a good field to go to for beginners?
    Experts give me your advice??

Thanks,
    Alex

2. You should look within for this answer, not ask someone else. What do you have an interest in? This is the question only you can answer.

Trading is about buying and selling something and hopefully making a profit. The reward is knowing that you made a profit by making the right call.

Now if you want to be a good trader...you have to have an affinity for your profession. Let's say you could trade toasters, or vacum cleaners with a broker. Might not be very rewarding for some but the principles are all the same...just like any market.

I love trading currencies and currency futures. Fasinates me for some unknown reason. Took me a while to find out though. I traded the indexes for a while. I have not even looked at an index in a couple years and I couldn't be happier.

3. mokwit

mokwit

Trading with 200:1 leverage in a noisy market where some big players are not leveraged is not for beginners.

4. That being said, a blown up mini account could be invaluable, precisely because it is tough trading.

5. mokwit

mokwit

Yes, that is a valid point, but it might happen so quickly that little is learned.

6. endian

endian

7. It depends on what you mean by currecny trading. Trying to daytrade a small account using huge leverage with one of these Fx bucketshops is not a good plan. Learning what drives the currency market on a fundamental level and understanding it, then trading small trying to catch major moves could be a good plan.

Anything that you hear in an informercial or in ads is probably misleading at best.