Currency Recommendations

Discussion in 'Forex' started by CONR, Oct 18, 2005.

1. CONR

CONR

Hello,

Can anybody recommend any good books on having a better understanding of currencies? I.E. valuations, economic effects, etc.

Thanks for your input.

2. Check out this book:

Day Trading the Currency Market: Technical and Fundamental Strategies To Profit from Market Swings
    ISBN: 0471717533
    Author: Kathy Lien

Also, any macro economics book would be beneficial.

3. I am curious how you can possibly recommend a book which is not even out yet and will not be published for another month?

Kathy Lien's main, or only, claim to fame seems to be that she writes daily commentary on dailyfx.com, an FXCM outfit. Has she ever been a successful trader? Who knows.

To the original poster: try Raghee Horner's book / CD instead. At least we know she's been trading for many years, and, in my view, she presents material well, from a trader's perspective. For a broader and more in-depth treatment of currency markets, look for Cornelius Luca. But most of what you seem to be looking for is available free on the web.

4. trade the market mate......on demo accounts, follow the price action and market behaviour....otherwise you will be A BIG LOSER

5. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

I saw that book coming out by Kathy Lien and was wondering how she could justify writing a book about daytrading the Forex market when she just writes commentary for DailyFX.

She seems to be real intelligent and really knows a lot about the Forex, but if she was so good at daytrading why isn't she doing that for a living instead of writing a commentary everyday?

6. CONR

CONR

Thanks for the input!

7. I subscribe to Kathy Lien's currency trading service - money-trader.com and her plus boris have a 85% accuracy rate on their recommendations - I think thats evidenece enough.

Also, if you read her bio, she was an FX trader at JPMorgan and Chase in the interbank market - far more direct trading experience than many other people on the street.

I am a great fan of hers and picked up a copy of her book at the Vegas trade show. Highly recommend it!