Currency pair recommendations

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Evrardmakon, Dec 1, 2020.

1. El Trado

El Trado

Start with CFDs. Then you can trade $100 instead

#21     Dec 6, 2020
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  2. CFDs are an option, only if you are non-US.

I believe that if you are an offshore entity, you also have to register in the UK (and pay a yearly fee). But not sure about that...

#22     Dec 6, 2020
  3. It's always good if they are registered but I doubt if that's a compulsion.

#23     Dec 7, 2020
  4. I don't know if I explained myself well. I use an offshore corporation, and was interested in trading CFDs, a couple of years ago. But in order to trade CFDs through an entity, I had to register with:
    https://www.lei-identifier.com/what-is-an-lei-number/

I hate extra paperwork, so I decided to stay with futures, and avoid the above. I am happy with IB. Keeping it simple.

If I were you, as a non-US citizen, I would open an individual account at OANDA, which trades CFDs, and many other things. One of my best friends (went to university together) is their legal counsel, and they are a very solid company. This would be simple, and very cost-effective...

#24     Dec 7, 2020
  5. Yes I have read about Oanda being good with its pricing and the overall reputation seems solid.

#25     Dec 8, 2020
  6. 322170

The easy answer is to try and trade what's moving or trade the pair that fits your trading system and is giving you a solid signal for entry.
    I'd suggest starting out finding FX pairs that have a decent range and a low pip spread this should help get you started. More importantly make sure you understand "WHY" your entering and exiting your trades. Also like previously mentioned my favorites are the GBP pairs

#26     Dec 9, 2020
  7. Checked across various platforms , lowest pips are on EUR/USD and GBP/USD, also if I'm not wrong they are easier to analyse as they are positively correlated, am I right?

#27     Dec 9, 2020
  8. Esha.J

Esha.J

The definition of ‘major currency pairs will differ among traders, but most will include the four most popular pairs to trade - EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD and USD/CHF. ‘Commodity currencies’ and ‘cross pairs’ are also categorized as majors. The most traded currency pairs are listed below. They represent some of the world’s largest economies and are traded in high volumes. Higher volumes tend to lead to smaller spreads.
    EUR/USD – Euro Dollar
    USD/JPY – Dollar Yen
    GBP/USD – Pound Dollar
    USD/CHF – Dollar Swiss Franc

#28     Dec 11, 2020
  9. its a nice reply with full information, got some fine lines with exact info. thanks for your nice post.

#29     Dec 14, 2020
  10. El Trado

El Trado

#30     Dec 14, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.