Currency pair recommendations

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Evrardmakon, Dec 1, 2020.

1. camera

camera

I enjoy trading in GBPUSD and EURUSD the most.

#11     Dec 2, 2020
    Marcos likes this.
  2. Ah! That makes sense, thanks a lot.!

#12     Dec 2, 2020
  3. Would GBPJPY here be a minor currency pair? Does it mean that the leverage and spreads can take a backseat? Perhaps I should just start with EURUSD.

#13     Dec 2, 2020
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  4. With USD/CHF resistance zone in between 0.9119 and 0.9142, taking advantage of the counter-trend reversal, which is in the short resistance zone. Looking forward to new breakdowns after Swiss authorities efforts to trade deals with the UK.

#14     Dec 2, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. tomorton

tomorton

Thank you. Not really what I thought you meant but interesting.

#15     Dec 2, 2020
  6. You are correct. EUR/USD is where I would start, but I have been trading professionally, full-time, for 22 years.

GBP/AUD & GBP/JPY (which are not part of the majors) is where I would eventually go, as my skills advanced, and I felt ready for them. Take your time. It's a VERY long journey...

In terms of leverage, let's just say I am well capitalized to withstand the risk. You need to able to stomach the swings, otherwise you are trading in a state of fear.

Start small with EUR/USD, and gradually grow...

#16     Dec 2, 2020
    apdxyk and 322170 like this.
  7. Marcos

Marcos

they are my favourites too.

#17     Dec 3, 2020
  8. I think I am gonna use leverage only now when my capital is low, with hopefully more to invest in the future I might not want to risk my money.

#18     Dec 3, 2020
  9. The advantage of Forex is that you can trade small amounts, as in $10K, instead of the nominal $100K+ in Futures, or have the need of a larger account, when trading equities...

#19     Dec 3, 2020
    Marcos likes this.
  10. Precisely why I chose to dabble in currencies rather than step foot in other markets.

#20     Dec 4, 2020
    ChipShotTrader likes this.