currency Futures volume dried up?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Razorsharp, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Over the past 2 days currency futures volume is almost non existent. Is something going on that i am missing here?

i have never seen volume like this during the london/ny session.

2. Surdo

Surdo

Any particuliar pair, you are a little vague here.

There has really not been any Earth shattering news out of Greece or economic releases past two sessions.

3. 3/15 is the expiration for the H0 contracts... Have you checked the M0 contracts?

4. all of the major ones euro, aus, gbp all the major ones it seems like everyone had withdrawn and is waiting for something big i have not seen these kinds of volume drops. ever.

weirdest thing ever.

5. Surdo

Surdo

March is still more active, we did not roll yet.

6. Specterx

Specterx

Dunno about currency futures but Monday was the lowest volume/range day on ES in a long, long time...

7. yes i noticed that too, i think maybe they are waiting for something on Greece.

I can't think of anything that is bigger right now.

8. dont

dont

I watch the EuroStoxx 50 its been like watching paint dry.

Its like everyone is on holiday, Maybe everyone is frightened because its the anniversary of the bear low :D

9. i don't know wtf is going on but something is deffinetly brewing behind the scenes.

I have never seen liquid contracts such as the euro with that kind of pathetic volume during the london/us overlap session.

the big boys are waiting for something!!!

10. They are waiting for this thread to be created.

#10     Mar 9, 2010