curious whats all this early volatility from (ES)?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ER9, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Hi ER9,

Yes, I agree.

That's the biggest advantage to understanding the price action prior to the appearance of any pattern signals because you are more likely to be able to adapt when market conditions do change...

A change that happens several times each year.

Those that don't understand the price action tend to experience drawdown periods when markets do change.

There's a few well document trade journals here at ET in which the traders signals worked great until market conditions change.

Yet, because the trader didn't understand the price action or didn't notice the market had change...

They make a few changes in their pattern signal to only still continue in the drawdown period.

Eventually the journal ends at ET and/or the trader disappears (stops posting and abandons the journal).

Simply, you can't adapt if you don't understand when market conditions have change.

To know when the price action has change you need to understand the price action.

Mark

#21     Jun 21, 2007
  2. ER9

ER9

thanks....yeah i agree there may have been many different opinions but thats ok with me. i would hope to be so lucky.

you see even a simple question might generate 15 different responses but out of those 15 there might be one or two that will send me off in a direction i wouldn't have thought of myself.

first thing i will always admit to another trader is that i dont have all the answers and i am never as good a trader as i could be tomorrow.

i think we get to the point as traders, after time, when we have absorbed most of the common knowledge easilly available. that might put us at a level of being a break even trader or even profitable. after time however it gets harder to find meanigfull information that will put us at the next level as traders. some of us like myself reach a plateau in our knowledge and were looking for that tidbit that will send us on our way to the next level.

you can see iv'e been here (with only one forum name beleive it or not) since '02 and i only have 200something posts. beleive me i do alot of research myself but sometimes when im stuck i prefer just to ask on the forum, even a simple question. never know where it will lead.

#22     Jun 21, 2007