Curiosity has landed. how long before et conspiricy nuts claim it never happened?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 6, 2012.

1. how long before some science denier on et claims the government faked it? there are still people out there claiming the moon landing was faked.

http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10013257.html

After traveling 352 million miles from the Kennedy Space Center following last November's launch, the Mars Science Laboratory -- in the form of the big Curiosity rover -- is now on Mars. The rover touched down on the Red Planet a little after 10 p.m. PT on Sunday, August 5.

This image is one of the very first sent home from Curiosity, showing the rover's own shadow on the Martian surface. NASA says that the clear dust cover is still on the camera, hence the dust seen around the edge of the fish-eye image. The photo was taken by one of the rover's front hazard-avoidance cameras on the vehicle's front end, at only one-quarter of full-resolution.

Larger color images should come later in the week when Curiosity's mast is deployed. The mast carries high-resolution cameras.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

RCG what say you?

3. I watched the landing live on NASA site. The only question I have is, "when you spend $2.5 billion dollars to go to Mars, why can't you spend an extra $20 and get a color camera?" :p

4. failure to read:

"Larger color images should come later in the week when Curiosity's mast is deployed. The mast carries high-resolution cameras."

5. Ricter

Ricter

To be fair, peil had his response written before you started this thread.

6. On ET they're more likely to believe that the mars landing is real, but the $2.5 billion is fake.

7. They better be color and not colorized.

8. Capricorn One. Nuff said. Captain Brubaker out.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You do know that those moon landing deniers are on the left? I mean, you do know that right? Maybe this question was addressed to your buddies here.