Curcumin and ursolic acid starve prostate cancer cells

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Substances found in foods such as apples [ursolic acid], grapes [resveratrol] and turmeric [curcumin] inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells. And they work even better in combination, researchers at the University of Texas at Austin discovered. The plant-based substances block the uptake of an amino acid that many types of prostate cancer need.

Study
    The researchers looked at 142 plant-based substances to see whether they killed prostate cancer cells. They then did experiments with three effective and safe prostate cancer cell killers, performing animal and test-tube studies to elucidate the way the substances worked. The researchers were interested to know whether there are combinations natural substances that have a stronger effect than the substances separately.

Results
    The combined concentration of the anabolic hormones DHEA, testosterone and IGF, after the researchers had filtered out age, education, BMI and other factors, was a strong predictor of the men's survival chances.

Curcumin, resveratrol and ursolic acid all reduced the growth of prostate cancer tumours that had been introduced into lab animals. A combination of these three substances reduced the tumour growth even more. The combination of curcumin and ursolic acid was particularly effective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The researchers used extremely high doses. The study was not a practical one, but was intended as proof of principle. The researchers' main aim was to show that they have developed a method to search systematically for combinations of naturally occurring substances that fight the cancer cells.

In experiments with prostate cancer cells, the researchers discovered that curcumin and ursolic acid - especially when combined - stimulated suicide [apoptosis] by deactivating cellular defence mechanisms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How curcumin and ursolic acid get prostate cancer cells to commit suicide is shown above. They reduce the synthesis of the protein ASCT2, which is the protein that transports glutamine to prostate cancer cells. Glutamine is an important fuel for many types of prostate cancer.

Conclusion
    "The beauty of this study is that we were able to inhibit tumor growth in mice without toxicity," said research leader Stefano Tiziani in a press release. [utexas.edu June 6, 2017]

jl1575, Slartibartfast and speedo like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

Big pharma hates these types of studies.

d08 likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

"Population-based data indicate that some extremely common cancers in the Western world are much less prevalent in regions where turmeric is widely consumed in the diet.

For example, “overall cancer rates are much lower in India than in western countries.” U.S. men get 23 times more prostate cancer than men in India. Americans get between 8 and 14 times the rate of melanoma, 10 to 11 times more colorectal cancer, 9 times more endometrial cancer, 7 to 17 times more lung cancer, 7 to 8 times more bladder cancer, 5 times more breast cancer, and 9 to 12 times more kidney cancer. This is not mere 5, 10, or 20 percent more, but 5, 10, or 20 times more. Hundreds of percent more breast cancer, thousands of percent more prostate cancer—differences even greater than some of those found in the China Study."

https://nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/05/why-are-cancer-rates-so-low-in-india/

-------------------

You have to take black pepper with turmuric to bigly increase its bioavailability. They sell already mixed products...

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is the one I take:

6. Everything is about Money/business/Power o_O -- even if that means being able to do good and cure all of the planet's and people's problems,

An infinite food supply, energy supply, health, tech etc etc for everyone...would Never happen -- even if it's possible,

Planet Utopia is a fictional dream...in the name of business/money/power and hatred for our enemies and other people but our own,

Real life isn't a Disneyland cartoon -- Since the beginning of time it's been like this,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Link doesn't show up in the original post (or in the quoted post) only when I quoted it and copied the middle part into Amazon's website, was I able to see it.*

Yeah that is a good one with Bioperine (black pepper extract). I can't take both fish oil and turmeric at the same time because they both help with bowel movements individually, and together, let's just say it is too much of a good thing...

*I got curious and copied this page into Chrome (I usually use Opera) and instead of the Turmeric bottle showing up, a generic Amazon Shop Now and Save image/link showed up. This must be some new Amazon shit...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

8. thank u, will give it a shot.

Baron likes this.
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Still taking the ursolic acid ?

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I take it but not continuously. So when I run out of what I have, I switch over to tomatadine until that runs out, and then go back to the ursolic acid.

#10     Nov 10, 2017