Cumulative AD line

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by indexer, Jul 14, 2008.

1. indexer

indexer

Does anyone know of charting software that allows cumulative as a chart type? I am trying to plot a cumulative advance-decline line.

Esignal does not seem to allow this.

Thank you.

2. chartie

chartie

QuoteTracker

3. Digs

Digs

4. indexer

indexer

Thanks, I will check them out.

5. Xuanxue

Xuanxue

After much ado, I stumbled on how to do it in esignal one day quite by accident.

If you key a number on the number pad a change symbol dialog box pops up. You'll notice a multiple symbol option for an overlay - make sure you key in the correct timeframe, add $ADD and press OK.

Then right-click on the chart, left-click 'chart type' and change to a line chart - repeat right-click on the chart, click 'edit studies' and change the default overlay color and price to colors of your choosing.

Considering it's a line chart, only closing prices are documented, which means that unlike candle or bar charts areas of support and resistence are more susceptible to be misapprehended without programmed pivot coding. You'll want to create a template with one or more charts of either candle or bar delineation, then save the template under 'save page as' in the 'page' drop-down menu. That way, you can monitor any number of symbols or timeframes in your overlay chart by virtue of your interval and symbol favorites after your charts load, every time they load.

You may have to change to a line chart twice for $ADD to take effect.

Welcome to the A/D Line tribe. :)