Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. The Offense has been the Cubs problem for the entire season, so last night was nothing new. However, this team made some truly "un-Cub-like" adjustments during the year to really solidify this team. Before they acquired Lofton, Ramirez, Simon, they had many more holes in the offense. Now, as I see it, the Cubs are solid 1-6 (Lofton, Grudzielanek, Sosa, Alou, Ramirez, Karros). Alex Gonzalez has been the weak spot in this line up for awhile, mainly because he struggles to put the ball in play, and again that became an issue last night. Bako and Miller in the 8 spot are also low average hitters, but have been hitting in the key situations well over the past month. I just hope that Zambrano has good control tonight. He had a rough outing against Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and seems to be losing some movement off his sinker. We shall see....

#11     Oct 1, 2003
  2. I agree. The Braves do have insane offensive stats and a loaded line up, but that pitching staff is so vulnerable. Ortiz led the majors in wins, but his ERA was over 4.00 for much of the year and he led NL Pitchers in walks, which I believe automatically should disqualify him from serious Cy Young consideration. A pitcher on a team with big offense always benefits from run support (just imagine if Kerry Wood has this sort of run support, his record would have been around 18-7, instead of 14-11, at least). So I believe that the Cubs should try and shore up the bottom of that lineup and put some more contact hitters in the lower 1/3rd of the lineup so we arent faced with runners in scoring position and gonzalez, bako and the pitchers spot trying to drive them in the entire game...

#12     Oct 1, 2003
  3. .....let's go Mets!!!!

:( :( :(

#13     Oct 1, 2003
  4. Pabst

Pabst

This fucking blows!! We'll get them here in Chi-Town!!!! Go Cubs Go!!!

#14     Oct 1, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

Sigh

:(

#15     Oct 1, 2003
  6. INCONCEIVABLE! Cubs fans believeing they have a chance.

Ya'll fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never bet on the Cubs........EVER!!" :D

#16     Oct 1, 2003
  7. ??? Huh???

I can't believe that YOU believe, Braves have a chance.

#17     Oct 2, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

CUBS WIN!

CUBS WIN!

CUBS WIN!

CUBS WIN!

I say we have a two pitcher rotation :D

nitro :D :D :D :D :D

#18     Oct 3, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Prediction:

The Cubs are going to man-handle Ortiz to win the division today.

nitro :cool:

#19     Oct 4, 2003
  10. I predict another long cold winter for the Cubs and the rest of the Chicago teams.

#20     Oct 4, 2003