Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Or he can always come to Florida.....we will welcome him with open arms. A hotel has alreay promised him a room for free for 3 months til things cool down...At least that will get the bandwaggon jumping fans like you to forget what even happened:D

#111     Oct 16, 2003
  2. You Cub fans are all about excuses!

At the time of the foul ball it was still 3-0 w/1 out and Prior still pitching a pretty decent game. Bartman didn't score 8 runs all by himself, you know.

#112     Oct 16, 2003

3. ...You know the other thing was the announcers noted right before that ' there's no activity in the Chicago pen right now" and the other announcer replied " why should there? Prior is in total control"............Has anyone here ever pitched? not little league but HighSchool or College? Im just curious how a pitcher loses it....in Basketball, you hit the wall almost at once....you go back and forth and try to get a breath but your legs feel like rubber ect....Is it the same way for a pitcher? is it the arm that weakens?the legs? Im just curious....football i never lost it because you can catch breath in between...I'd like to hear form anyone whose pitched competitively

#113     Oct 16, 2003
  4. He should go - he's 26 years old and still living with Mom & Dad anyway. The poor schlub is going to be the new "agony of defeat" clip for years to come.

#114     Oct 16, 2003
  5. Honestly, I know there was a lot of money involved in this series. He caused a lot of loss for a lot Chicagoans...

So I'm sure someone's out to kill him.

Sad but true. He should be in the witness protection program.

#115     Oct 16, 2003
  6. It's been a very long time since I pitched, but in general you know when your losing it if your breaking balls are hanging, your getting pitches up in the zone, your timing of the release of the pitch is off and your falling off to your side...In fact, even watching baseball on tv, if you have ever pitched, you can very easily pick up on these things....However, with Mark Prior, his mechanics are so sound, it is much harder to detect if/when his arm is tiring...IMO, Prior was distracted by the fan incident, since a wild pitch ensued soon thereafter...He then left a hanger over the plate and the Cubs just seemed to lose their heads for about 15 minutes...In fact, I am surprised Rothschild did not make an appearance on the mound to slow the game down, cause that was clearly needed to stop the rattled nerves

One thing I also want to mention concerning last nights game...The commentators made no mention of it, but the majority of Wood's fastballs were coming in at 92-93 MPH, which is really about 3-5 MPH off what he was doing in the regular season and in the earlier playoff games...His breaking balls were all hanging, in fact a few of them hung so much, that it surprised the hitters and they couldnt pull the trigger, but make no mistake those were hangers...He threw more pitches in the dirt than he has since probably around July-August when he had the bad back...Without velocity on his fastball and/or location and a bad breaking ball that was hanging in the zone, I felt the Cubs were very fortunate to even hang with the Marlins thru the first 5 innings...

Everyone knows that Baker likes to give his aces the benefit of the doubt, regardless of how they are pitching...I think this game really needed some earlier relief with Wood's high pitch counts and lack of control or location...I dont know whether Matt Clement could have been of benefit, but I felt that Wood was really grinding out there and this game was definitely lost because of the pitching....

Neverthless, its a heartbreaker and the Marlins are an incredibly balanced and solid team...Speed, strength, defense, athleticism, they have it all...Besides Beckett, their starting pitching is a big question mark and I think that might do them in in the World Series...

#116     Oct 16, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

OK.

Next time I am in Miami, I will buy you a few too next time these two teams go head to head in a playoff.

Best of luck in the World Series...

nitro

#117     Oct 16, 2003
  8. YYNOTT

YYNOTT

#118     Jan 18, 2004