Cubs Tickets For Tonight 10/8!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by snagglepuss, Oct 8, 2003.

1. blb078

blb078

how can you say that the cubs missed the ws, because of one guy who cought a foul ball, any other person would have done the same thing, also there were half a dozen other people reaching for that same ball, it just happend to land in his hand. there were also plenty of opprotunities to get that final out, i guessed you missed their short stop bobbling an easy ground ball that should have been an out, why isn't eveyone on his ass? the fact is fans catch fouls that close to the field all season long, and players deal with it. bottom line.. the cubs blew, not a fan who cought one foul ball. and since i'm from ST. Louis, i think it's rather funny..ha ha ha... the cubs suck and always will.

#21     Oct 16, 2003
  2. well that's the last time I root for the Cardinals. Wow, and until now we've always had a friendly rivalry. Now I'm glad the Cards got screwed back in '86

#22     Oct 16, 2003
  3. blb078

blb078

who cares the Cards have won the WS, 9 times, so the Cards 9-Cubs 0.

#23     Oct 16, 2003

4. you are a stupid fuck , like you wouldnt have reached out and tried to catch that ball -- sure , get a life

how about the people of chicago blaming the team and not the fan. what about the play right after that ?? double play ... no ! and error ......... ooooooh but i forgot , if it wasnt for that guy they wouldnt need the double play -- oh yea

#24     Oct 16, 2003
  5. oh btw , if i was in that guys spot i would have caught that ball , and if another one was hit to me i would have caught that one too.

these guys get paid millions of dollars to make their own damn plays and people like you blame their sad ass 3-1 collapse on fans ! 3 losses in a row is no fans fault !

#25     Oct 16, 2003
  6. sammybea

sammybea

I feel like i have to weigh in for this.. I was routing for the cubs big time. Not a chicago resident, but i simply loathe the Yankees and was hoping to see them beat them in the WS. But as much as i respect chicago and the Cubs.. it saddens me that team has to save its own ass by blaming a fan. The team broke down after that incident by awful pitching and the real turning point, a professional ballplayer who gets paid a hell of a lot more than i do only to make a catch. He choked and thats the reason why chicago ain't going.

Any attempt to blame some fan makes me believe the lies that chicago really is a poor excuse for a sports town.

#26     Oct 16, 2003
  7. It's about lore. That poor bozo will go down in b-ball lore, right along Buckner, Gibson, and the black sox. No-one will remember the error. Hell, does anyone even remember the Cobalt-SUNW deal???

#27     Oct 16, 2003
  8. Geez, I told my wife all along that we should have been selling those tickets all along.

Front row tix were going for $1500-2000 (or more) a piece. Could have had $6-8K/game through the two playoff series (plus another $4K for the 8 extra grandstand tix they allocated us). But noooooo, she insisted on going and letting her family also have some of the tickets so they could go.

Frankly, I would have been content to watch on TV, pocket the $45-60K in extra cash, and wait to see if they could actually hold it together enough to make it to the World Series.

Ce la vie!!

#28     Oct 16, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I am debating a similar situation....

#29     Oct 16, 2003
  10. Nordic

Nordic

Get it right Sammy. It's not the TEAM saving it's ass by blaming the fan, It'' the %@#% sorry ass loser CUB FANS seeking the blame. Im just happy that they will all go away until springtime.
    :D BTW I'm from Chicago

#30     Oct 16, 2003