CUBAN to HOST SHOW???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TM_Direct, Feb 24, 2004.

1. This makes sense:confused: :confused:
    first Trump now tis wind bag....Sighhh

DALLAS - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will give away $1 million of his own money this summer as the host of an ABC reality series called "The Benefactor."

"Why has he agreed to give away such a large sum of money? Simply because he can and because he can't wait to devise the means through which applicants must prove to him that they deserve the money," ABC said in a news release Tuesday.

About 30 contestants will compete on the six-episode series for the billionaire's cash.

"Everyone has dreamed of getting rich, and I want to help one lucky person get there," Cuban said in the statement.

He said the show won't be a traditional contest.

"You don't need special talents," he said. "I'm not looking to find out who is the grossest, funniest, prettiest, smartest or able to go without food or water the longest.

"The right person is going to get on my good side at the right time, and whoever that is, is going to walk away with a check from me for $1 million," he said.

Cuban has gotten used to giving away his money in recent years — he's been fined repeatedly by the NBA since he bought the basketball team in January 2000, mostly for criticizing referees, with the penalties totaling over $1 million.

The largest fine was $500,000 for saying he wouldn't hire the NBA's head of officials to manage a Dairy Queen. Cuban later poked fun at himself by working behind the counter of an ice cream shop, serving cones.

2. Isn't Cuban the guy who cashed out at the height of the Internet bubble by selling Broadcast.com to Yahoo for some utterly ridiculous amount ($5-6 billion dollars)? If so, I've seen him in action - he makes Donald Trump look like Mother Theresa. Flaming Asshole isn't sufficient to describe him.

Maybe you're entitled to be a smug ass after you've suckered a bunch of people out of a bunch of dough. :)

Can't see how Yahoo ever thought they'd gross (let alone net) $5-6 billion from that Broadcast.com deal (in less than 50-100 years anyway).

3. The very same guy...one of the lucky few that sold at the EXACT top. He also owns two networks...HD Net and HD Net Movies. These are two high def channels carried by Direct TV, DishNetwork and many cable systems. He is starting another high def channel soon. These are small potatoes now, but soon they will be big (and he was there first).

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Welcome to America......