Cuba - where to go and where to stay

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fearless9, Jun 13, 2007.

1. I've been to both Varadero and Cayo Coco... both have incredible beaches.... both have access to great people, rum, cigars. My only knock is the food isn't up to European standards.

#81     Jun 15, 2007
  2. How is the food in general compared to what is passed off for Cuban in Miami and NY? I like the basics anyway, ropa vieja, congri, platanos...

#82     Jun 15, 2007
  3. " Same wherever you go I guess..". Not in Jamaica. Locals can get a room in any hotel there. Cut-throat democracy is a great thing.... if you say yes I say no....and if you say no I say yes. Nothing much get's done, but you can't shut me out of anything. Somebody will oppose it.

#83     Jun 15, 2007
  4. Finally, someone else who realizes what a twat the guy is!

He just goes on and on about shit he doesn't know about and then starts trying to blur the lines between legally banning someone from going somewhere and denying non-guests access. Then the "Cubans" on here are dumb enough to say the same.

Cuba - LEGALLY BANS NATIVE PEOPLE FROM ENTERING.

Mexico, DR, Jamaica, Hawaii(!), Anywhere else - IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT YOU CAN'T ENTER. (Oh no! Not a private resort that is only for guests! Can you imagine?!)

If that moron wanders up to a Trump resort in Maui they're probably going to throw his dumb ass out because he can't afford to stay there...just because something is off limits due to price doesn't mean that you're legally banned. It's beyond me how anyone is dumb enough not to understand that. :p

#84     Jun 16, 2007
  5. tr51

tr51

Flw JMartinez's advise.

Also, I'm not Cuban and go there very often for business. I have many Cuban friends and when we go out, we have NEVER been denied access to any restaurant, club or bar inside or outside of any Hotel we hv patronized in Havana.

#85     Jun 16, 2007
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I recommend Catalina Island. Fun/beautiful/clean/good food/safe/USA. Enjoy!

#86     Jun 16, 2007
  7. Havana isn't necessarily different. Try and send one of your Cuban friends in alone or without you. If they're with a foreigner it's very different. I saw extremely dark-skinned Cuban girls about 14 years of age in fancy hotels with white foreigners and no one said anything.

#87     Jun 16, 2007
  8. tr51

tr51

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot of this "trade" that goes on. But I'm not sure if it is any worse than say... Costa Rica.

But my experience is unless the Hotel/Resort is set up to only cater for their paying guests, a decently dressed local is not barred. Of course most Cubans cannot afford to consume anything there so it soon turns to loitering....but that is another issue and
    similar to what would occur in any 4/5 star resort Hotel.

#88     Jun 16, 2007