Cuba - where to go and where to stay

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fearless9, Jun 13, 2007.

1. World Bank statistics have to do with experience? How many times have you been to Acapulco? Acapulco is the largest beach destination for Mexicans because there are tons of nightclubs and it's proximity to Mexico City is good.

Have you ever been to Brazil? Rio? Brazilians are pretty poor but they do a pretty good job of filling the beaches in my opinion...with all that money they don't have when it costs them nothing to go to the beach for the day.

You're absolutely talking out of your ass now bringing out world bank statistics trying to justify your assumptions about beach populations in Mexico. You're very silly. :p

I'm done with you...your rambling from the ass is getting very tiring and you're just making up more and more random shit. :p

#51     Jun 13, 2007
  2. ok enough of your shit, I was referring to the built-up resort areas and you want to talk about whatever you want.

IGNORE ME ALREADY....

#52     Jun 13, 2007
  3. Why don't you ignore me?

#53     Jun 13, 2007
  4. Thank you for all your inputs.

I can see that Varadero is a shiny destination for turistas and maybe a couple of nights would be enough.

Firstly, we need a really good historic hotel in Habana within walking distance of clubs restaurants etc. (price is not the first consideration, it needs to be good)

Which do you recommend, as several have been recommended.

Then we need a good place to stay in
    Pinar del Rio.

Should we visit Santiago de Cuba.

We really want see some of Cuba and the people, but quite frankly at night we need to retreat (eventually) to good hotels.
    I have done crappy hotels in the name of adventure all around el mundo over the years and enough is enough.

All thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.
    regards
    f9

#54     Jun 14, 2007
  5. f9, I will stop the bickering that went on earlier just to answer your question.

In my opinion, and clearly others don't agree, you should avoid the resorts as they BAN CUBAN PEOPLE from entering and I think supporting government backed racism is a terrible thing. Others don't think that for some reason which is pitiful....especially since they claim to be Cuban which is clearly not in their hearts but a novelty to them or they would care much more.

Many of the Casas Particualares are BEAUTIFUL homes with a nice setup and great people to talk to. Discussing Cuba with real Cubans is a good thing in my opinion and they discuss much more freely in their homes.

I understand that you've traveled and stayed at budget places in other locations, but Casas Particulares aren't cheap in that they're gross or dirty, they're just cheap in that Cuba can be rather affordable.

You'll have a lovely time I'm sure, but I would honestly encourage you to really spend time with Cuba and Cubans, not on a resort because in the next 10 years you'll probably be able to go to Cuba as a resort and it won't be the same. It's an anomaly as it stands and to not see an anomaly for what it is and just by merely staying at a resort you're going to be separated. Part of the greatness of Cuba is being able to hire a driver who knows the person you're staying with or whatever and getting a real tour, not a hotel provided car that separates you from people.

Just my opinion, have fun pal. :D

#55     Jun 14, 2007
  6. Gracias Si Se Puede,

This is exactly what we would like to do.
    It sounds as though it is better organized once we arrive, rather than over the net.

What is your pick for the best historic hotel in the middle of Habana.

What about Santiago de Cuba.

#56     Jun 14, 2007
  7. Please stop misquoting what I said. You missed the point I made which is fine, but stop using the word racist with me it is unfair and inflammatory.

I am asking you nicely to quit twisting my words and calling me names. You dont know me or what I was trying to say so leave references to me out of future comments. No need to respond, just stop it please.

#57     Jun 14, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

option ...trust me ...just ignore...no need to stress on a beautiful thursday like today....:D

#58     Jun 14, 2007
  9. I can't speak as we didn't go to all the hotels in Havana and actually in Santiago we only went to one of the nicer hotels. The creepy things about most of the hotels that I saw was the high number of pale white older gentlemen with young(and I mean less than 18 probably)dark dark skinned Cuban girls. It was rather atrocious. It's much more pronounced in Santiago where the population is largely of African descent. There is really only one BIG hotel in Santiago I think, but I can't tell you.

I'm not the best source for hotel information as we stayed only at Casas Particulares.

Have fun and good luck. :D

p.s. Net info is hard because there isn't internet there, or only in hotels and super expensive.

#59     Jun 14, 2007
  10. Using direct quotations IS NOT misquoting. You simply don't know what you're talking about. Stop responding and I will as well. END OF TRANSMISSION. :p

#60     Jun 14, 2007