Cuba - where to go and where to stay

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fearless9, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

what happens with shit like that...people trying to claim their shit 50 yrs later....does anyone know..i know you can buy a house in cuba for 10k without a deed though...the guy that cleans my office said he can hhok me up with a 3500 sq foot colonial house for that price....come again i told him...

#21     Jun 13, 2007
  2. My Dad is crap out of luck on that one and so is everyone else who left. I cannot see what legal leg anyone who left has to stand on. Mis abuelos had a store that was "nationalized" and they had to leave it. The Cuban legal system would not be bending over backwards to honor claims of those that left the country for 30 plus years. I would like to go visit next year if I can figure a way to do it legally, if not, then the usual way.

For now, the closest I get to Cuba is Versailles on Calle Ocho...

#22     Jun 13, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes but how about lets say the bonds i have....they stopped paying interest in 1961 and matured 28 years ago...wow i might be a billionaire.... :D i really should take these to the safety deposit box....

#23     Jun 13, 2007
  4. Yes, I hit the quote button and it made up some stuff you didn't say...exactly. You're just not so with it huh?

And your comment about it being like it is everywhere was another totally ridiculous remark.

#24     Jun 13, 2007
  5. Co~no que jodedera compadres, los cubanos se pelean y el barba solo mira y se rie .... :mad:

#25     Jun 13, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

you take part of his post not the entire post and then manipulate his words....yes you are wrong

#26     Jun 13, 2007
  7. I'm not meaning to be condescending. I, as well as about 5 of my very close friends, have spent a month or more there in the past few years and everything optioncoach said was bullshit. I called him on it. I thought I was direct and to the point that he was totally slandering Cuba and being that he has never been there and I have I thought I should point that out.

I've heard people call places like Prague 3rd world so some yokel saying to stay away from non-tourists areas seemed just as stupid to me. I am not one to condescend, just stating what I saw(with my own eyes) to be the truth.

Buenas amigo. :D

#27     Jun 13, 2007
  8. I clarified exactrly what I meant with my comment about everywhere. Many tourist areas are set aside for the rich cause the locals cannot afford it. Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Mexico, etc..

Again put me on ignore since you are digging a deeper hole here. Prove me wrong on what I just said above.

#28     Jun 13, 2007
  9. I took what I was responding to. I could have left the whole statement in there...it wasn't out of context. He blatantly said not to go to non-tourist areas.

#29     Jun 13, 2007
  10. I never was slandering Cuba... boy you really did not understand anything I said. I am half Cuban, I think the architecture is beautiful and made that point. However you could live there for 50 years and it does not change the fact that the foreign companies have built beautiful resorts that are pretty much for the foregin tourists. That point was made above by someone else. Stop trying to start shit.

#30     Jun 13, 2007