Cuba and the United States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 5, 2006.

1. .

August 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to momoneythansens

I agree with most of what you said on your posting.

Communism has been dead for over 15 years, but we still have a bunch of people (people who their minds have been frozen in the past and we have a few of these dinosaurs on this message board) who thinks that communism is a major treat to the United States and the global economy. I don’t believe these guys understand what is happening around the world.

I don’t believe in communism, and I understand why that system can’t work in the long run. But I always found Fidel Castro to be very entertaining and that does not mean that I agree with his economic policies.

Fidel Castro has always been a piece of work, but he is a very smart fellow. For example: The United States wanted the publicity of Cuban refugees arriving into American shores by the thousands. Remember in the 1980’s when we watched in the news boatloads, after boatloads of Cuban refugees arriving in Florida.

It made a great story at the time: look all these people taking a chance with their lives to escape from Cuba to try a new beginning in the United States. And they came by the thousands.

Fidel Castro accommodated the United States wishes and he arranged for emptying the Cuban prison system into the United States shores – he sent to the US not the political prisoners, instead he sent to America the worst that Cuba had to offer; the crooks, the rapists, the drug dealers, the assassins, and the lowest scum of the earth that they had in Cuba.

And it took a while for the United States to catch up to the fact that Fidel Castro had emptied his prison system into the United States Cuban refugee program.

To this day Castro probably still has some good laughs bout that one - you want Cuban refugees, I will give you the Cuban refugees.

I am sure that after Castro’s death Cuba will transform itself very fast and will become a free market economy, and will offer a lot of opportunities for investors.

But dinosaurs such a Nick Larsson Jr. with their “minds and reasoning” frozen on the past will have a hard time recognizing the dynamics that is at play and how the new dynamics will push Cuba into the future. Today, change occurs at the speed of light and Cuba will be able to change overnight.

#21     Aug 8, 2006
  2. .

August 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Nick Larson.

I don’t know why but every time you post anything I have the feeling that you are writing from your jail cell. Is your real name Nick Leeson?

#22     Aug 8, 2006
  3. .

Cesko: As I said before, Pinochet was absolutely clear about how to treat people of your sort SA.

August 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Cesko

Who are the “Heroes And Role Models” on your life?

Adolph Hitler and Josef Stalin!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you are a real fascist.

#23     Aug 8, 2006
  4. bsmeter

bsmeter

Actually the accurate term these days to describe these people is Neo-conservative. And if it's a Neo-con who really knows what's going on, then the more accurate term is Zionist.

#24     Aug 8, 2006
  5. Bollocks.
    Ive seen nothing to suggest , southamerica is more than a well informed observer, who loves his country, etc.

And its pronounced "kooobAH", from what i gather.

#25     Aug 8, 2006
  6. .

August 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: Thanks for the support from some of you on this message board.

But sorry, I have to waste so much time answering the postings of a hand full of idiots (Neo-cons) who polute this message board with their radical right wing Bullshit.

#26     Aug 8, 2006
  7. bsmeter

bsmeter

Southamerica, what do the Brazilian elite privately say when it comes to 9/11 and the coming Facist dictatorship in America? ( Most intelligence agencies already know who really did 9/11 )

And more importantly, how do lesser militarily advanced nations deal with a militarily powerful bullying fascist state that plans to go about dictating what citizens of other nations can or can not do? ( example, EU is already working on the mandate that every EU passport holder will require biometric signatures on chipped passports )

Oh and I do not want to hear any shit comments from those who have no idea of what's going on in America.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8772652122137842232

#27     Aug 8, 2006
  8. BS meter, i doubt SOUTH-AMERICA is too concerned.

This continent has problems, but ........
    compared to what?????????
    Third world, second rate, well hang on.....
    Sure, many are trying to get to the us, in simplistic terms.
    Strangely, US retirees are among the biggest investors in the continent, regarding local real estate values, certainly in central america.

Standard of living.

#28     Aug 8, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

That's the question is'nt it. The whole world looked up to Americans as what Reagan called the shining city on the hill. Most everyone in the world looked at Americans and admired your ideals and values.

Unfortunately in a few short years it's government has degraded into a cess pool of shit and corruption just like any other two bit corrupt third world nation. The only difference is it has the most advanced military in the world and it's evident it plans on using it for illegal confiscatory practises.

Look at this fellow, the NSA head himself saying that American citizens have no rights what so ever!!! If someone like him says American citizens have no rights! then what does he think of the citizens of other nations that the American govt. plans to invade in the near future?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTNmT5t3t8

#29     Aug 8, 2006
  10. .

Bsmeter: Southamerica, what do the Brazilian elite privately say when it comes to 9/11 and the coming Facist dictatorship in America? ( Most intelligence agencies already know who really did 9/11 )

And more importantly, how do lesser militarily advanced nations deal with a militarily powerful bullying fascist state that plans to go about dictating what citizens of other nations can or can not do?

August 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: Regarding 9/11 a lot people think that the US has over reacted and created more problems around the world than were resolved.

Brazil and the Brazilians don’t want anything to do with this mess in Iraq. The Iraqis used to be the best friends Brazil had in the Middle East.

After the Iraq civil war run its course, and after the US occupational forces leave Iraq – after the dust settles Brazil will go back to Iraq and will help them reconstruct their country – but until then – the US broke it and the US should fix it.

Your statement: “how do lesser militarily advanced nations deal with a militarily powerful bullying fascist state that plans to go about dictating what citizens of other nations can or can not do?”

It does not apply for most of South America, including Brazil. Because from their perspective the US is becoming very fast an irrelevant nation. I don’t think many Brazilian think much about the US these days – other than when they come here for a short vacation.

China and Asia is where the action is today and it is where Brazil and South America are focusing their attention and efforts – and it does not make any sense to waste much time thinking about the US a nation going through a free fall on international prestige and influence.

Since Bush became president in 2001 the United States has lost a lot of clout and prestige around the world – and in some cases I go as far as saying that people in many countries are no longer afraid of the United States military power after the fiascos in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

The Bush administration has been acting as militarily powerful bullying fascist state – but they are doing more damage to the United States and the American people than anyone else – except in Iraq.

Today, the incompetence of the US government has reached a level that’s beyond my comprehension – we have real idiots running this country today.

These clowns that we have running the US today are more dangerous to US democracy than anything else.

With every passing day Bill Clinton and his administration is looking better and better – They have been going from being considered: 1) Good to 2) Very good to 3) Excellent and finally 4) Outstanding – when compared with the idiots that we have today.

#30     Aug 8, 2006