CTS Core and TradeSniper VPS Windows Hosting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Adam777, May 3, 2018.

1. Adam777

Adam777

I'm from Sydney and I'm looking at spreading using CL calendars. Entry and exit only a handful of times a year and holding for 6 or so months each time. Manually legging using calendars from Sydney will probably get me into trouble as I'm so far away from the exchange, so I'm thinking this may be the best solution.

I'm inquiring about the amount of RAM and other specs required for a Windows VPS server to comfortably run CTS Core and TradeSniper. I contacted CTS and they weren't sure. The required specs mention more RAM, but most of the VPS trading servers mention 1Gig of RAM and up. Server and desktop specs must be different.

They did suggest using SolVPS as a cost effective solution. SolVPS are located in Chicago Equinox CH3, and CTS is located in Chicago Equinox CH4. Is there a better solution?

If anyone has any tips about all of this then please let me know.

Thanks

Adam

@i960

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why would you not trade the exchange traded spreads for CL?

drm7 likes this.
  3. drm7

drm7

Definitely what Mav said. You can buy every standard combination of CL calendar spread in one transaction. They even have their own orderbooks, and will often get you a better fill.

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

What the guys said above + If you are using CTS T4 and holding each spread for such a long time, the added cost of monthly charges on VPS would not be worth it. In my opinion, if you were a day trader, then you may need it.

5. Adam777

Adam777

I am only interested in using exchange traded spreads and not outrights. But the exchange traded fly book looks so thin and quickly becomes non-existent further out. And then Exchange traded flys against flys gap so much, so that's why I was looking at constructing synthetic spreads using exchange traded calendars. If I can safely "manually" leg these exchange traded calendars from Sydney without slippage then that's great, this is what I was mainly worried about.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    MattZ likes this.