CTA or not to CTA

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by foo, Oct 15, 2006.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM

Current Annual NFA Membership Fee for CTA is $750.

#11     Oct 17, 2006
  2. jessie

jessie

Thanks for the current figure, it does change a bit from time to time with the "fortunes" of the NFA.
    Jessie

#12     Oct 17, 2006
  3. foo

foo

One more thing.....

what is the CTA accounting software of choice? Does anybody use Excel? I realize most is done by an outside source but, just looking for some ideas to begin with.

Thanks

#13     Oct 19, 2006
  4. #14     Oct 19, 2006
  5. foo

foo

Thanks money.....looks great. It is exactly what I am looking for. How long have you used it?

#15     Oct 19, 2006
  6. ChrisM

ChrisM

Which Depot gives all necessary reports/accounting ? Do you use support ?

#16     Oct 19, 2006
  7. How about if someone says/ claims that (s)he was once a registered CTA in the past, however without giving a real name for people to check/ verify against the CTA registrar, what could CFTC/ NFA/ people do about it?

Nothing?

Is that legal?

#17     Jan 30, 2007
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM

If he/she is out of NFA/CFTC status, he/she cannot claim any connection with NFA/CFTC.

Therefore such person should be considered as not registered by prospective investors.

Regarding possible violating regulations - you may report such case to NFA. They have limited power over non-NFA members, however intentional misrepresentation regarding advisor`s status with US regulatory bodies is, as far as I know, illegal.

#18     Jan 30, 2007
  9. Thanks ChrisM.

The quote below is what I got so far from another public forum.

Q

OddTrader,

What would be the point of a false name that can't be verified? Won't get you far. If you did this, it would probably constitute deception, and you'd be prosecuted. Get this stupid idea out of your head before you become unstuck.

Grant.

UQ

#19     Jan 30, 2007