CTA looking for a home

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by truetrend, Jun 22, 2005.

1. After 8 years of trading OPM for other people I finally left a top named prop fund and started my own CTA. Im talking to a few IBs and Im looking for a good rate, good service and maybe some assistance to raising capital or access to their clients to so such - any ideas or recommendations would be great.

2. JayS

JayS

Give us an idea of what you trade, which products: pit, electronic, both??? grains, oil, financials???? etc, etc

Then it will be easier for people to recommend a good fit for you. Also how much client capital you will be bring to begin with?

3. True Jay. For the most part I trade the ES and NQ Eminis. I intend on adding trading vehicles as capital under management grows. I have approx. $600k pledged from people I have traded with in the past, and I expect to take in atleasst $450k of that for the initial wave of fund raising. Although my DDOCS were approved a few weeks ago, I just started taking investors applications this past Friday.

My institutional contacts, for the most part, have asked for me to build a new track record as a CTA. After a 3 month period I will get audited and be able to approach my contacts with this new CTA audited track record. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

4. Truff

Truff

I'm trade for a CTA as well. I trade through Pro Active Futures. they gave me a great rate + platforms are very reliable.l

5. Simba

Simba

Has any CTA tried Interactive Brokers? What are your experiences?

6. Their interface is terrible and they have no customer service. i looked at that pro active Truff posted about. rates similiar to IB.

7. JayS

JayS

8. What amount of total volume will you do per month?

9. I found a home and a good deal but thanks. Now I am just looking for more funding or a equity partner.