CTA accounting software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Truff, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Truff

Truff

Can anybody reccommend good CTA accounting software. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg but will do the job. Thanks

2. Ask your Ib or FCM for a few names. The guys at Proactive Futures have been very helpful to me in getting set up.

3. dabao91

dabao91

Can anybody reccommend good CTA accounting software. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg but will do the job. Thanks

I like to learn more about this as well. Can any one share your experiences? Thanks in advance.

4. dabao91

dabao91

www.hedgefacts.com has a good suite and will only take a few BP for their efforts.

What is the cost to use hedgefacts for managed accounts?

5. 20 to 100 basis points based on what level of service you receive from them. They have full service structure to a discount service if you want to handle the tools yourself.

6. dabao91

dabao91

For an emerging CTA which only manages separated managed accounts trading only domestic futures, what would be the software (or online service providers) to use to calculate the monthly performance data as required by NFA/CFTC?

For example, assuming if I have 20 separated managed accounts with only one FCM (said Interactive Brokers (interactivebrokers.com) for example) and I need to calculate the composite performance for all 20 accounts together at the end of each month, what accounting software or online service provider you would suggest to use? I am looking for a simpler and cheaper way to accomplish this.

Thanks for advance.

7. Aaron

Aaron

Most people would probably use Excel.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

8. dabao91

dabao91

Hi Aaron:

If using Excel to calculate the composite monthly performance for all 20 accounts (for example), is there a way so that Excel program can be connected to Interactive Brokers so that it can automatically collect account information from Interactive Brokers into Excel for all 20 accounts (for example)? Once the data are collected, we can run the Except program to generate the composite monthly performance data.

Or I have to manually type in ALL data for 20 accounts (for example) into Excel? If entering manually, would it be very easy to make mistake?

Thanks for advice.

dabao91

#10     Sep 20, 2007