Csx To Warn After The Bell

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 4, 2010.

1. I am hearing rumors that CSX about to issue big warning.

2. I'm hearing rumors that you are short CSX...

3. CSX continues to dump on HEAVY volume.

4. yawn.

large block trades rattle people.

5. jokepie

jokepie

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

CSX postpones investor conference amid leadership shakeup
    CSX Corp., the third-largest U.S. railroad operator, said on Wednesday it was postponing an Oct. 30 investor conference to a later date, and said its board approved a $1.5 billion share buyback program. CSX’s decision came hours after it announced the appointment of Jim Foote as its new chief operating officer. CSX has been undergoing a major overhaul under new Chief Executive Hunter Harrison. (Reuters)

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

The Biggest Loser: CSX Tumbles 7.6%
    By
    Teresa Rivas
    Dec. 15, 2017 4:35 p.m. ET

CSX(CSX) fell to the bottom of the S&P 500 on Friday, following worries about its CEO's health.

[​IMG]
    ILLUSTRATION:GETTY IMAGES
    CSX slid $4.38, or 7.6%, to $52.93, while the S&P 500 rose 23.80 points, or 0.90%, to 2675.81.

The stock took a hit after CSX announced late yesterday that CEO E. Hunter Harrison istaking medical leave. The company attributed it to "unexpected complications from a recent illness."

The Board of Directors named COO James Foote as acting CEO of the company.

CSX is up 47.3% year to date.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the-biggest-loser-csx-tumbles-7-6-1513373735

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

He died.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-lauded-railroad-turnaround-chief-dies-at-73

dealmaker likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I'd consider CSX a good long-term investment. I used to work for them, got to know how they operate. Never doubt the long-term outlook on a company that leases their rails to Amtrak.

dealmaker likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

CSX is a steal at $47. fwiw

#10     Feb 9, 2018