CSCO just lowered guidence

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NY_HOOD, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I respect you as a poster, but you are living in a dream world.

#11     Feb 6, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

whats different here is its not about tech,its about a banking crisis and nobody knows how deep it really is.at least in 2000 we all knew tech was over valued.now its a damn guessing game every day and nobody knows wgat time it is. by the way,did you see CME !!!!

#12     Feb 6, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

I remember making a trade at $9 a few years ago. Thought I was hot shit getting out on 14% move....POS was dead then revived in the bull run along with all other tech flyers. Glad to see it dive!"

weird thing is that the us market is basically dead money for last 8 yrs despite improved earnings and excesses wrung out of market.
    I guess this is due to us dollar tankage?
    Unless you had dividend stocks or bought at lows you are fked?

#13     Feb 6, 2008
  4. I like to understand the company I short sell before I take on the risk of borrowing those shares.

They are mainly making money from Smartnet contracts, Thier popular 6500 series switching equipment wont be EOL'ed for 10-15 years. Lots of people still running 7500s and 2600 routers.

The Layer 2 switching equipment in the gigabit port range has become a commodity item and they are getting squeezed on the bottom side. The NAC software is not moving as fast as they wanted, thier IDS equipment is based on 15-18 year old technology and up and comers are starting to take buisness away.

When money is tight the last thing companies will do is pull out working equipment to replace it with new stuff. I talk to several employees I know at CSCO and I get good scoops. (nothing illegal)

#14     Feb 6, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I had CSCO around 10-12 a share, ended up selling for no profits after it just got stuck there, then I bought it again around 17-19 a share some time after that made a little profit only to see it jump up to the mid 20's after that, havent traded it in quite sometime. As for the nasdaq and cisco tomorrow who knows, you might get one of those late day rallies that comes out of no where like last week when everything went higher on googles drop and a loss of -17,000 jobs. That surprised me to see that rally last week that I KNEW wasnt going to last, now that the dow has come back down I think it trades back to Jan 22nd lows and hopefully finds some kind of bottom..this has become a traders market, rallies are bought and huge drops HAVE TO BE BOUGHT, tomorrow is a day to be buying on the long side NOT SELLING.

#15     Feb 7, 2008
  6. I LOVE VOLA...:) THE MORE THE MERRIER...:)

#16     Feb 7, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

:D

get ready.......

I think tomorrow the markets open down follow by an upswing and who knows what happens after that.....

#17     Feb 7, 2008
  8. jazzsax

jazzsax

that's how it's looked to me...

CSCO opened at 21.85 (traded lower pre-market and AH yesterday) and now is floating around 22.50 ... we'll see how the day goes.

AAPL down around 120, rimm around $83.50... interesting day for sure!!

#18     Feb 7, 2008
  9. NOTE: I made a typo, and Wednesday should have read Thursday. Correct date then posted with next post.
    Rally wasn't as strong as I expected for the Nasdaq but CSCO performed well. Nasdaq up 0.63% and CSCO up 1.30%.

[​IMG]
    CSCO and Nasdaq Feb 07, 2008

#19     Feb 7, 2008
  10. ganesh6

ganesh6

Good call forexforex. How did you guess it, from technicals?

#20     Feb 7, 2008