Cryptos are BULLSHIT... based upon nothing more than hope, greed, and stupidity

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Scataphagos, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No, I'm not saying that. Limited supply is only one piece of the puzzle. A crypto must have an actual use in order the create the demand for the limited supply. Bitcoin's primary use is the buying and selling of drugs online. The reason why most of the other cryptos have failed to gain any traction is because they have no real-world use whatsoever.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    #11     Nov 9, 2018
    bone and Slartibartfast like this.

2. Wake up. Still not true. There may be a "limited amount of BTC" as per the "one who controls that"... but is it "iron clad"? "Guaranteed"? Not able to be violated?

And is that the REAL issue? Cannot there be THOUSANDS of other cryptos to enter the marketplace to dilute the demand for cryptos in general??

#12     Nov 9, 2018
  3. So... you're not "arguing in the favor of cryptos in general", but rather for BTC only? Because it's used in illegal drug transactions? Because it was first? And therefore, BTC has rational investment creds??

#13     Nov 9, 2018
  4. Sheesh. You've argued the defeat of your own premise.

#14     Nov 9, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is where you are confused. There is no "one who controls". It's ran by the public so the whole thing is decentralized. There's no one person who can increase the supply of bitcoin.

Having a marketplace full of various cryptos that have no use whatsoever might impact the demand for worthless cryptos, but it will not affect bitcoin, because bitcoin actually has a proven use.

#15     Nov 9, 2018
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yes, exactly.

#16     Nov 9, 2018
  7. So... your argument is in support of BTC only. I get the attraction of cryptos in general... and even BTC... but the real value and longevity remains to be seen.

#17     Nov 9, 2018
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm in support of any crypto that has a valid worldwide use. It's just that I don't see much else out there that's solving any problem that fiat currency or BTC can't already handle.

#18     Nov 9, 2018
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Kinda like rhinoceros turds, right?
    Yeahhhhh. No.

By the way, your insights of how gold is of higher demand than brass miss the fact that gold does not tarnish, which makes it *wonderful* in both jewelry and electronics.
    Your insight into silver being prized over steel misses the fact that we did not even have what we now call "steel" until the early part of the 20th century. Iron rusts ferociously. (Pun intended.) Silver takes much more time to tarnish, much less time to polish, and is easier to work, than iron or steel. And for the 20/21st centuries, silver is a *wonderful* conductor of electricity, *even* when tarnished. ("Yayyyy!") So again, demand demand demand.

Rhino turds are in "limited supply" -- but there is no demand demand demand.

#19     Nov 9, 2018
  10. Lotta "hope" in that statement... Hopes which I believe are grounded in nothing..but that's just my view. (My grandpa said to me years ago, "Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one gets filled up first".)

#20     Nov 9, 2018