Cryptos are BULLSHIT... based upon nothing more than hope, greed, and stupidity

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Scataphagos, Nov 9, 2018.

1. d08

d08

You're just plain wrong here. I've been around people who earn less than $2.50 per day and they're not that ignorant at all. They can't afford a lot of the stuff but they've often used money transfer services at one point, it's not that complicated. With countries where a large part of the population is abroad, international payments are very commonplace in all social classes.

#101     Nov 12, 2018
  2. d08

d08

Well I just rechecked and the fee for domestic interbank online transactions is 0.38 and intrabank is 0.16. That's what I've paid recently as well. Not sure where you get the free thing from.

#102     Nov 12, 2018
  3. tsznecki

tsznecki

I suggest you also try a reading comprehension class. Apparently you are so caught up in bashing BTC you failed to realize I'm saying blockchain is much more than just BTC.

And the chart? I and the rest of the world couldn't care less.

But here's a newsflash for you: price != technology adoption. Don't hurt your brain over that one.

#103     Nov 12, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

I have it from the bank.
    I was for 14 years treasury manager of a big company in Europe and made payments all over the world. Since Sepa we never paid anything for the payments that followed the rules.
    We also made payments to Norway and Sweden on a regular basis and never paid costs on Euro payments. Payments went from euro account to euro account from client.
    If you pay in other currencies then you have to pay costs.
    Did you pay Euro's from a Euro account to Euro's in a Euro account? If not you have indeed to pay.
    If you made an inland payment in Sweden it normally is not in Euro but in Swedish Krona. Then the Euro rules are not applied as it is not Euro's but Swedsih Krona. And payment should go by wire transfer from bank account to bank account, so no cash payment in the bank.

#104     Nov 12, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

What you wrote was this: Blockchain != BTC

That's not the same as writing: blockchain is much more than just BTC.
    In fact you wrote more or less "blockchain = BTC". Which would mean that blockchain is BTC.

So I think it is rather a problem of you learning how to write a readable sentence then comprehensive reading.
    I don't know what the meaning of ! is in that sentence. Normally you put that at the end of a sentence, not somewhere in the middle.

#105     Nov 12, 2018
  6. d08

d08

Swedish bank's Baltic subsidiary. All EU, all using euros and online payments.

#106     Nov 12, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

I believe you, but it is very strange to me. Our Swedish and Norwegian partners all have a Euro account besides of their normal bank account. So it might have to do something with that. Or with the fact that they are not in the Euro zone.

#107     Nov 12, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...vices/payments-transfers-cheques/index_en.htm

When you make a cross-border payment in euros, Romanian lei and Swedish krona within the EU, your bank can't charge you more than it would for an equivalent national transaction. Even banks based in EU countries outside the euro area must apply this rule.

This includes any:

• transfers between bank accounts in different EU countries
    • withdrawals from cash machines/ATMs in EU countries
    • payments by debit or credit card across the EU
    • direct debit transactions
    For example, if your bank charges you 1 EUR each time you withdraw money in your home country from a cash machine outside your bank network, they can charge you the same amount when you make a withdrawal in another EU country.

#108     Nov 12, 2018
  9. d08

d08

Yeah, I was somewhat aware of those rules but it's still not free for most countries. Maybe where you worked at, the transactions just happened to be free. But there are no consistently free transactions across the EU.

#109     Nov 12, 2018
  10. tsznecki

tsznecki

Have you ever written a line of code? You are telling me the ! operator does not signify a non equality? Yet you are here telling technical people how technology works?

Your pathetic attempt to confuse my words to twist my meaning is quite clear. Then you write some drivel about you don't know what that means. You are a sad individual that tries to drag people to your level.

Thanks for playing. Go take a Comp Sci 101 class. Might be a little difficult for you. Maybe try a rudimentary English class to start.

#110     Nov 12, 2018