Crypto.com hacked...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by lindq, Jan 18, 2022.

1. lindq

lindq

Where is Jason Bourne when you need him?

From The Hill, 1/18/2022

Cryptocurrency exchange app Crypto.com announced it has suspended deposits, withdrawals due to “unauthorized activity” on some accounts.

“Earlier today a small number of users experienced unauthorized activity in their accounts. All funds are safe,” Crypto.com wrote in a Twitter thread on Monday. “In an abundance of caution, security on all accounts is being enhanced, requiring users to: Sign back into their App & Exchange accounts, Reset their 2FA.”

“This update will be rolled out to users progressively over the next few hours. Once complete, withdrawals will be re-enabled,” the company said in a tweet. “We understand this may be an inconvenience, but security comes first. Thank you for your support.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, several app users have reported on social media that their currency had vanished from their Crypto.com accounts in the past few days.

BONECRUSHER likes this.
  2. virtusa

virtusa

These crypto's are vaults full of value.......... open vaults. ROFLMAO.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    BONECRUSHER likes this.
  3. Attention!!! THE THREAT OF LOSING MONEY!!! Withdrawal of funds does not work on the HITBTC exchange!!! Verification is completed, 2-factor authentication is enabled!!! for more than 10 months, the exchange does not allow you to withdraw money!!! Now I can't log in to my account for three days!!! Caution!!! MAXIMUM REPOST!!!

4. virtusa

virtusa

https://brokercomplaintregistry.com/hitbtc-scam/

https://www.weusecoins.com/hitbtc-selective-scamming/
    An important message in the article:There are thousands of times more posts on Reddit, Twitter, and other social media platforms from individuals with funds locked on HitBTC than all other exchanges combined. HitBTC alleges these locked funds are due to "AML", but this is an outright lie. HitBTC demonstrates a single digit percent solvency.

Bye bye money...
    The majority of people who bought crypto's have no clue what crypto's are and how it works. If they would know what crypto's really are they would never buy them.
    But greed overrules the (leftover of) the brain.

I have never heard about this problem when using fiat currencies. I always receieved my money when I wanted to withdraw it. I also did not need 2-factor authentication.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  5. maxinger

maxinger

Nothing, absolutely nothing will scare the crypto investors.
    Soon btc will reach $1 000 000

VPhantom likes this.
  6. virtusa

virtusa

Yes, but criminals will by then have stolen all the coins. LOL.

7. maxinger

maxinger

Well. Those cyber currency investors have faith. They are very willing to take this risk thinking btc would be $1 000 000, soon.

8. It looks like $34 million and the tumbler could be the one used by the Lazarus Group.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. Attention!!! THE THREAT OF LOSING MONEY!!! Withdrawal of funds does not work on the HITBTC exchange!!! Verification is completed, 2-factor authentication is enabled!!! for more than 10 months, the exchange does not allow you to withdraw money!!! Now I can't log in to my account for three days!!! Caution!!! MAXIMUM REPOST!!!

10. virtusa

virtusa

Only people with a brain know what fear is. Idiots are never scared. You can check that on Youtube watching Russian video's.

#10     Jan 19, 2022