Crypto / bitcoin trading api with paper trade (test) account

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pipsalottle, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Does anyone know of an exchange that offers this, i don't want to test my algo on a live account.

2. algofy

algofy

Like they said, baubles deep.

3. Overnight

Overnight

Hey, how come the noobie gets algo to test?

I deserve an algo test, maybe in a fondue dip, or charcoal run...I can think of way more fun ways to test my algo, if algo lets me...

4. Anyone here without an idiotic response?

So far i have found bitmex has a test account.
    If you are using python i suggest using the ccxt package to abstract the exchange implementation.

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

You won't have much luck here I'm afraid. Give bitcointalk forums a try. FWIW, there's "leonardo" sw which uses a paper strategy for free but it's built in. Perhaps there's a way to try your algo on their platform?

Might want to browse a few exchanges. I know poloniex, bittrex, and bitfinex all have an api but don't know about paper accounts. I'd get tabtrader on your phone to see which other exchanges have apis.

6. algofy

algofy

Sure, I'm off until the new year though. Maybe FranT has time?

7. Overnight

Overnight

Anyone here without an idiotic username?

Pipsalottle? Absolutely no aesthetic value whatsoever. Sounds like Forex's work. Taught him everything he knows!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Algofy, I love ye, but bugger off mate. You know I am sensitive to that cookie rub. Happy holiday. Don't let the ham bite you on the way into the turducken's pie hole.

Craptacular!

9. Bitmex