Crude's Friday close and Monday open.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by The Kin, Sep 24, 2005.

1. /
    I think Ur right!!!
    KaL

#11     Sep 24, 2005
  2. There is a rumor here (Toronto, Canada) that crude will spike up 30 to 50%, not among the trading community, but the average joe who drive everyday, and that even went onto the local TV station news program. There are drivers who panic and line up at the pumps to fill up their cars.

What are these people thinking?!

The only reason I can think of why the panic kicks in is that they already borrowed to their neck and very stressed in cash flow. As there are so many cars lining up as I saw that on TV, THAT is scary.

#12     Sep 24, 2005
  3. Chagi

Chagi

Watching QM #F right now, it's moved down and is now sitting around $63, it'll be interesting to see if $63 gets breached tonight.

#13     Sep 25, 2005
  4. monee

monee

Can anyone tell me the symbol if I wanted to chart the price of oil over 3 months.

I know I could make 3 charts with each future of that month but
    still wonder if it's possible.

Thanks

#14     Sep 25, 2005
  5. http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?$WTIC

#15     Sep 25, 2005
  6. Ebo

Ebo

7. monee

monee

Both good guys.

Thanks.

Hate to be greedy but any Real Tick users know the symbol in Real Tick ?

Tried symbol search but no luck.

#17     Sep 25, 2005
  8. Chagi

Chagi

Quick question, I'm very new to practical use of futures (though I understand their operation from a textbook standpoint), how exactly does a continuous contract work?

Is it something that is not delivered at any point in time and used purely for speculation/hedging purposes, or is it just a representation of near month futures contracts that are trading?

#18     Sep 25, 2005
  9. empee

empee

realtick

/qmx5 <-- electronic trading now

or

/clx5 <-- open outcry

x5 == november expirations

#19     Sep 25, 2005
  10. empee

empee

hooray for me btw for calling the oil trade, I'm still long my spoos from last wed. expecting a nice squeeze tommorow so i can dump into the close

#20     Sep 25, 2005