Crude Oil

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by bone, Nov 7, 2018.

1. bone

bone

Up sharply on EIA data inventory drawdown.

#71     Feb 27, 2019
  2. themickey

themickey

#72     Feb 27, 2019
    bone likes this.
  3. bone

bone

Can't help but to speculate that yesterday's firmness in the back of the curve (supply) telegraphed today's strong rally on inventory draw down.

#73     Feb 27, 2019
  4. themickey

themickey

Ok, get ready, next leg up is gonna start, never mind about CL futures heading south at a great rate of knots.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    #74     Mar 3, 2019
  5. bone

bone

Crude - especially the tail end of the 2019 curve is firm despite the off day in the equities and a mixed session in Natural Gas. Which is bullish for Crude.

#75     Mar 4, 2019
  6. bone

bone

Thanks to the ECB's dismal growth forecast, equities are off once again - but thus far, Crude Oil has not followed the broad equity markets.

#76     Mar 7, 2019
  7. Sinbin

Sinbin

What’s your take on the Norwegian Fund dumping oil stocks- most notably “Chesapeake Energy and China’s CNOOC”? Apparently, the trillion dollar fund will continue to invest in companies like BP and Shell according to a CNN business article.

It seems as if major players are trying to lower prices, naturally, but the US and Norway have been at the forefront of this expedition.

I understand oil is vulnerable due to its volatility, however, someone said to me “oil is moving away from the prototypical price driver of supply and demand”... doesn’t this narrative of following the theory of supply and demand go against that?

The lower demand for oil should make this set up a “short trade”. I’m not asking you to defend my set up, I just want to hear your opinion on the general direction.

#77     Mar 8, 2019
  8. bone

bone

Just my uninformed wild assed guess - they're dumping the dogs and keeping the stars.

[​IMG]

#78     Mar 8, 2019
  9. Sinbin

Sinbin

Thank you, Bone. Based on the article, the overall feeling was that it’s was a dump and run type sentiment.

Didn’t know if it meant more than what was written.

#79     Mar 8, 2019
  10. adrian123

adrian123

[​IMG]

I'm surprised the COT data still looks healthy despite the up move.

#80     Mar 9, 2019