CRUDE OIL TRADER MACBOS system

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by oilfxpro, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Here is another image for trend catching

#11     Apr 22, 2011
  2. MA based systems do well in trends, not so much in ranges.

Do you find your entry rules minimize the impact of the ranges since you are buying .50 from the cross (if I am reading it correctly)? Give and take is my guess - you wait .50 from the cross to get rid of some chop, but obviously buying/selling quite a bit later from the cross.

#12     Apr 23, 2011
  3. It all depends on volatility measure in % ,this system was devised with oil at around $60 , so at $110 oil a 100 cent from the cross might be more appropriate to get rid of the chop.

Alternatively use the system taking into account % increase in volatility to find the main trend.Go to the lower times frames and wait for a pull-back for entry in the direction of the major trend.

Here is a nice system for entry in the lower time frames.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=163012

A little bit of work on this system and one can use it to make money.

#13     Apr 24, 2011
  4. minmike

minmike

when does a 50c move from the last trade stop being a new entry? What else triggers an entry?

#14     Apr 26, 2011
  5. If m/a cross is positive the new short trade at 50 c can't be a valid trade , if the cross is negative the new long trade after last trade is not a valid trade.

If a stop is hit , a trade can be re-entered provided set up is in place.

Try and use 100 pip in today's volatility.

#15     Apr 26, 2011
  6. $8 today , so the system does give profits

#16     May 5, 2011
  7. Recent performance about 400 c profit , 3 profits. 1 loss

#17     May 12, 2011
  8. A useful variant of this system is designed for narrow breakouts.

MACBOS = Moving average cross break out system

profitable 8/30 wma cross on oil

Stop loss 100 cents stop & reverse if stop hit

30 m charts

Rule entry when 8wma crosses 30 wma + breakout of 100 pips
    Example .Moving average 8 crosses moving average30 at $90.00 ,enter at +100 for longs = $91.00 and $89.00 for shorts

close on cross and change in colour of wma's

After close of previous position , ma cross +100 cents /-100 cents …reverse the position

WMA's must both be positive for longs and negative for shorts

close when they cross and both turn positive or negative

Position size 2 lots

Stop 100

Target lot 1 ,125

Target lot 2 , macross exit or 300,, move to b/e after 125 move or trail by 125

#18     May 21, 2011
  9. Can you clarify whether you think trading is easy - ie, see this thread and where you've posted theoretically big profits -

or is 'day trading a losers game' as you illustrated here:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=220746

or 'day trading difficulties' as you illustrated here:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218977

Either the system you posted here does make the great returns as you've claimed here OR trading is a losers game as you've posted about many times over. But it can't be both.

Just pick a side already and run w/ it. I'm not sure what's worse - your flip flopping on the ease/difficulty in trading or emg's constant posts about trading being hard.

#19     May 22, 2011
  10. Day trading per se is a loser's game, trading systems like this during the day is not considered day trading.It is swing trading.

This system works on oil due to it's extreme volatility and kurtosis , at least I believe it does make money..

I trade this system , it is easy to trade.This type of trading is easy.

#20     May 22, 2011