Crude Oil Trade Recommendations

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jaytrader100, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

no stop, short 111.21 109 bid , 1 lot, every time this makes a new nickel high, 00,05 10, it pulls back 5, so it 'll pull back to 109 ,i'll cover, reshort at 10 and cover at 06

#11     Apr 9, 2008
  2. nice scalp play on the front months I assume. 109-110,

From what I can tell, it aint all ways easy to get filled on a limit order.....

#12     Apr 9, 2008
  3. it depends on where you place the limit, but this is why i prefer mit orders
    ammo....i would suggest a stop..even a large one.. say 5 bucks.. you never know with oil.. a bomb could go off or a war could start and oil is up 50 bucks overnight..... seriously.. why be completely naked? thanks for posting your trade..

#13     Apr 9, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

IMO short oil was the trade but OIL is taking on a USD proxy role. Were it not for the incessant USD weakness I think we would see oil give up a fair chunk of its recent gains, supply issues notwithstanding.

If someone were to want to trade on a strengthening USD then short oil would be an excellent play as it has synergies over a short USD position. Infact USD puts and oil puts might be a decent pair trade.

#14     Apr 10, 2008
  5. IMO...I see serious sell off in Oil into and by days end tomorrow, Friday...more sell off early next week...added that earnings will show better picture and Euro will continue to weaken against dollar...

#15     Apr 10, 2008
  6. sumosam

sumosam

Agree. Gold is dropping, and oil has probably topped. Euro for sure up near its high, and usd coming back.

What I see, is the NAZ, financials, and SPY coming back. Usually, when money flows out of commodities it seems to drift into techs and financials.

:cool:

#16     Apr 10, 2008
  7. ammo

ammo

ok, filled at 109, now short 110,106 bid

#17     Apr 10, 2008
  8. nice trade ammo
    no stop again?

#18     Apr 10, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

oil is already at the moon,who's gonna buy it up here,pros take it down and then buy it so it will go down first,pros are short up here so they won't take it up and anyone wants to buy they will gladly sell it to them

#19     Apr 10, 2008
  10. actually the oil companies sell up here to hedge .. the producers the commercials .. they are 30 % of the market and they dictae the price
    once they move the price then the hedgies step in with their spreads.. anyway .. I am still wondering where your loss point is? it sure is easy not to have one and then say you are short at this price or that you got out.. anyway you keep it vague i guess you can't be wrong.. .. your short ws nicve, but it was very risky with no stop at all.. anyway you are short at 110.. even.. so we'll see..goodluck

#20     Apr 10, 2008