Crude Oil Drops 40%...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TT1, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Given the tremendous amount of money that has been indexed to commodities over the last several years, I would strongly disagree that over 60% of the volume on the NYMEX is from hedgers.

#21     Mar 13, 2008
  2. Hi landis, you are probably right, but the OTC market Need some place to hedge their physical positions. You can also Hedge you'r self at the OTC market using brokers like Icap for example and hedge your self with OTC swaps etc etc.

so yes, you are probably right.

good trading.

#22     Mar 13, 2008
  3. The Hunt Family is anything but history...

http://www.huntpeg.com/sitemap.htm

:D

#23     Mar 13, 2008
  4. I just typed a lengthy reply to explain to you why you shouldn't stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

Then I decided that i'm helping you too much by explaining why you are wrong, so I deleted the post.

The fact is, I want you to go around proposing your incredible plan...I want you to get nowhere in your efforts. I want you to spend countless nights blaming everything on the speculators...when you probably don't even know what a speculator is, and why they exist in our world.

Do you even know what a future is, and why they are traded?

Lastly, I'm busy making oil money off hard working proletariats like yourself...slowly but surely I will suck you and your family dry....along with everybody on your street.

Please don't insult us.

#24     Mar 13, 2008
  5. TT1

TT1

Ahh Bear Plunger.... please do write your lengthy nonsense. I would love to read your ignorant rant. Right now the bell has rung so hop to it, hurry up your 4th period history class has start and your high school teacher is waiting for you!!!

BTW... Ive been an investor and trader of stocks, options and futures for the last 24 years.

Good luck little boy.

#25     Mar 13, 2008
  6. BTW... Ive been an investor and trader of stocks, options and futures for the last 24 years.

Good luck little boy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hell that is almost as long as I have been on this earth, lol. I am getting old, going to be the BIG 28 this year, lol.

#26     Mar 13, 2008
  7. Look for the cause, not the effect.

I will give you a hint.......only three letters though, so it might require some thought to fill in the blanks

FED____ R_____E

Raising margins requirements will surely help. But this is only a ploy by the special interest groups to hide the real cause......(another hint)

#27     Mar 13, 2008
  8. TT1

TT1

You are correct Sir!

Money Supply increasing at an 18% annual clip and a never ending falling US Dollar.

http://www.nowandfutures.com/key_stats.html

#28     Mar 13, 2008
  9. So...you're short?

#29     Mar 13, 2008
  10. Not sure what commodity they banned, please tell us.

Agreed.

#30     Mar 13, 2008