Crude oil $25 or less

Discussion in 'Trading' started by talknet, Dec 12, 2008.

1. talknet

talknet

If GM and Chrysler goes Bankrupt, Crude Oil will fall to $25 or less per barrel.

I think below $25 is the "traditional price" of Crude Oil.

Dubai real estate will turn into "biggest sand dunes" in the world.

Super-rich Saudi & Kuwaiti people will have "no further business". No more money for oil-rich countries

2. If GM and Chrysler go BK, people are going to stop buying gas?

I don't follow. There are other car companies out there.

Anyway, fuck the Saudi and Kuwaiti people. They can go back to wandering endlessly throughout the desert on their fucking camels. The only downside, you might see a surge of immigrants from middle Eastern countries to the US and Europe.

3. talknet

talknet

Goldman Expects Crude to Fall to $30 Early Next Year

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602099&sid=aQjCBWe8uEFI&refer=energy

Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. cut its forecast for oil prices in the first quarter by half to $30 a barrel as the global economic slowdown curbs consumption.

Crude demand will fall by 1.7 million barrels a day in 2009, analysts Jeffrey Currie and Allison Nathan said in a note dated yesterday. Goldman previously expected West Texas Intermediate, the U.S. benchmark oil, to average $62 in the first quarter.

The worldwide economic decline has reduced consumer spending and weakened demand for fuel. Demand growth in China and other non-member states of the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development is “on the cusp of a sharp deceleration,” the analysts said.

Crude has fallen for five straight months since trading at a record $147.27 a barrel, as countries including the U.S., Japan and Germany have entered recessions. Goldman Sachs forecast in July that oil would recover to $149 by the end of this year because consumer demand was “restrained, but not destroyed.”

The continuing slump in oil prices spurred the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to cut output for the first time in two years when it met in October.

OPEC will need to lower production by an additional 2 million barrels a day next year, combined with a 600,000-barrel- a-day reduction by non-OPEC countries, to “rebalance” the oil market, Goldman Sachs said. The group next meets Dec. 17 in Oran, Algeria, and will probably agree on further cuts, according to OPEC oil ministers including Algeria’s Chakib Khelil, Qatar’s Abdullah bin Hamad al-Attiyah and Venezuela’s Rafael Ramirez.

North Sea Brent

Goldman Sachs expects U.S. oil futures to average $45 a barrel next year, down from $80 previously. In May, the bank forecast an average price of $148 a barrel for 2009. North Sea Brent crude will average $28.50 in the first quarter, it said.

The International Energy Agency yesterday forecast global crude consumption next year of 86.3 million barrels a day.

Oil for January delivery traded at $45.06 a barrel, down 6.1 percent, in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange at 12:20 p.m. London time.

4. talknet

talknet

Today OPEC announced a cut of 2.2 million barrels per day (biggest cut in Crude Oil production). But the Crude Oil price is still falling.

There is still no confirmation that GM and Chrysler will receive bail-out money. Talks can fail at the last minute.

I think Crude Oil below $25 per Barrel seems to be a reality.

5. Is that the same Goldman that said $200 per barrel this year?

6. No, that was pre-bailout Goldman..
    totally different firm...:D

7. I dont beleive any of these analyst
    Last time Georhe Soro said he had bought like some million shares in LEH
    I went ahead an bought some and what happened It became 0.10
    I wonder what happend to george soros position at that time.
    All these MOFO are just manuplating the market
    Oil going to $200 and oil now $40.00 and i am sure a long of long will get fucked when oil goes to $25
    How do i short Arab Countries is there an ETF for that

8. Yawwwn.

Sure, oil is going to 20 just like it went to 200.

9. Oil can easily surge $10 in a day or two if there is just the slightest hint of econ recovery.

10. Yeah that was the Goldman maniplilating the price up as they were long.

This Goldman is short oil lol.

#10     Dec 17, 2008