crude light marathon

Discussion in 'Journals' started by clightmarathon, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Well, what to say...
    I need to get back on the treadmill and put in more miles on the simu until I can execute all my setups without hesitation again.
    I became very gunshy during the last two weeks, and afraid to pull the trigger on my setups. I have to admit I am not ready yet for live cl trading.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support I got from most people, especially NoDoji, in the journal and pms and I plan to update my journal, if progress has been made.
    Thanks.

#101     Nov 1, 2011
  2. This could have been such an educational journal for very many aspiring traders, but due to the noise caused by some posters, it has diluted the great content within.

For the posters that have been distracting, take a minute to think. There are people out there who we have no clue about; people like CLM, people like Chris Gardner. This is the plight of the latter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gardner

Fatherhood Amidst Homelessness

Gardner worked to become a top trainee at Dean Witter Reynolds. He arrived at the office early and stayed late each day, persistently making calls to prospective clients with his goal being 200 calls/day. His perseverance paid off when, in 1982, Gardner passed his licensing exam on the first try and became a full employee of the firm. Eventually, Gardner was recruited by Bear Stearns & Company in San Francisco.
    About four months after Jackie disappeared with their son, she returned and left him with Gardner. By then, he was able to afford a small rent and was rooming in a flophouse. He willingly accepted sole custody of his child; however, the rooming house where he lived did not allow children. Although he was gainfully employed, Gardner and his son secretly struggled with homelessness while he saved money for a rental house in Berkeley, California.
    Meanwhile, none of Gardner's co-workers knew that he and his son were homeless in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco for nearly a year. Gardner often scrambled to place his child in daycare, stood in soup lines and slept wherever he and his son could find safety—in his office after hours, at flophouses, at parks and even in a locked bathroom at a Bay Area Rapid Transit station.[1]
    Concerned for Chris Jr.’s well-being, Gardner asked Reverend Cecil Williams to allow them to stay at the Glide Memorial United Methodist Church’s shelter for homeless women, now known as The Cecil Williams Glide Community House. Williams agreed without hesitation.[2] Today, when asked what he remembers about being homeless, Christopher Gardner, Jr. recalls "I couldn't tell you that we were homeless, I just knew that we were always having to go. So, if anything, I remember us just moving, always moving."

As you finish your trading day, you drive home to your families, hi five your kids, grab pop from the fridge and put on some football. In contrast, someone like Chris Gardener, had a whole different scenario that augmented the many challenges he had. In the same way, an aspiring trader comes out at the end of the day, head bowed, having lost a few hundred dollars............again. He/she is thinking how long before their account dries up, because then they struggle for rent, food, basic neccesities. Whilst you're out Christmas shopping, all he hears is his kids asking for this and that, knowing that he/she can not provide. You get the point.

In short, we're all humans trying to provide the best to the people we love. Life passes us very fast and when we take those last breathes, is when we think about what we gave to this world and how many sad faces we put a smile on. So if you have someone like CLM, coming here because he has no where else to go, he is asking for your help. Then help him, and yes you are not obliged to, in which case say nothing.

For those that think they can use their choice of (brash) words, because they can, is it your egos that need to be filled due to your insecurities?. Try going to certain parts of Africa, so for a slice of bread you can put your foot on a little starving African kids chest and fulfil those egos. Sad people.

As for you CLM, this has become your challenge. There are enough good people here that will guide you to success. It will be a pleasure to see you pick the pockets of the very same people that are trying to derail your progress. That day will come, so hold your head up high and hope to see you back here sometime soon.

SM

#102     Nov 28, 2011
  3. Sam,
    Thanks for your motivating words.

As far as my progress for those who are interested.
    I did few days of paper trading again with the expected result of making profit. I did not have a losing day proving again that for me trading is 95% mental and 5% mechanical. I don't see much point producing more sim money, so from this week I trade live again.

#103     Nov 29, 2011