Crude high price seems dumb

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by silk, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bozwood

bozwood

Read up on history a bit. As far back as the late 1700s when France was experiencing hyperinflation, wages fell. A couple of reasons: constant "stimulus" in the form of money printing stimulated excess production in many areas of the economy that eventually let to the collapse of industries. That, of course, let to many unemployed people driving the labor wage down. If a major part of your thesis is that inflation can't happen without wages going up, you might want to check that.

#21     Jan 16, 2010
  2. They have pushed CL 5 dollars the last 2 days do you think today's release was front run early?

Short and a little nervous with the move.

#22     Feb 3, 2010
  3. Surely you had your exit/stop planned BEFORE you entered your short position so no reason to be nervous. Simply exit the position once your stop gets hit and forget about it.

#23     Feb 3, 2010
  4. Looks like CL is back to the 50-70 cent moves each time it breaks the minnie range it moves to. Looking a volume it looks more to be just forcing shorts out as we move higher.

#24     Feb 3, 2010
  5. Don't let the market fool you....hang strong and be brave! :D

#25     Feb 3, 2010
  6. I'd load up on USO puts now...pretty cheap

#26     Feb 3, 2010
  7. It's up, it's down, it's all smoke and mirrors. Demand for diesel is still down 40%, natural gas down for residential and industrial, and so is gasoline if they ever reported the truth. It's going to stay down for the rest of the year, maybe longer. Crude should be at 40 bucks a barrel if it was based on actual demand. The only way to see crude prices reflect actual demand would be to stipulate that anyone trading crude must take delivery. We all know that ain't gonna' happen, so the bullshit continues. Two days ago they were talking about strong growth, not we have this.
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Energy prices dropped Thursday as dismal job news, a sinking stock market and a lower-than-expected draw on natural gas supplies dimmed hopes for stronger energy demand.
    Benchmark oil for March delivery fell $3.62 to $73.35 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Earlier, crude went as low as $72.86. In London, Brent crude for March delivery shed $3.55 at $72.37 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

#27     Feb 4, 2010
  8. CL is moving like it did in the fall.

These dollar moves out of no where get a little scary as they seem only to be up.

So Captain, where do you see CL. It doesn't follow the dollar, supply and demand reports and only long with GC.

I use to try and time it on GC but lately it tends to only follow GC long.

#28     Feb 11, 2010
  9. eh Captain.

What is your thought on tomorrow.

I just noticed that on the Nasdaq economic calendar gas is being reported first at 1030 a.m. versus CL and that CL is being reported at 11 p.m. which is when the UK market closes.

Also the last report of the day is Treasury Budget at 2 p.m. when CL starts to close.

I am seeing some crazy moves tomorrow especially since it is also a long weekend.

My charting shows resistance mid 76 with a 7240 low. We could test 7385 overnight.

All opinions welcomed

#29     Feb 12, 2010