Crude bounce.....

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by patbateman, Feb 13, 2006.

1. I would prefer to see media cooling down and oil close above $63 sustained before going long.

#31     Feb 27, 2006
  2. well oil got crushed today, we aer still in the midst of a short term bear mkt. Got short at the beginning of the day (monday), expect a drop below 60 bucks in WTI and Brent by the end of the week. we could see 57 soon again. The saudi news looked like panic short covering to me. Barring a crazy inventory number or further attacks, the trend remains bearish in the short term. I would definintely start selling puts in the next few weeks though, as energytraderus suggests.

#32     Feb 27, 2006
  3. Crude 66.04 58.87 Buy
    for the next leg
    58 to 57 for sure
    GL

#33     Mar 8, 2006
  4. back over $60 ... actually hit $62 AH today

in april futures

#34     Mar 13, 2006
  5. danoXP

danoXP

COIL vs. WTI still inverted ...

... nobody in the pit seems to know why?

#35     Mar 13, 2006
  6. BULL!
    Predicted by GlobalFinancier.

#36     Mar 18, 2006
  7. spoofy

spoofy

pffftt.. i doubt it :p

I wouldnt be suprised if we go blow 60 in the coming week. The Iran issue is cooling off and the fundamenals will really hurt current prices.

#37     Mar 18, 2006
  8. spoofy

spoofy

a few hours after i post that....

#38     Mar 18, 2006
  9. danoXP

danoXP

No where do I find this prediction. Please post a reference substantiating this post.

There is a big difference in predicting "rain" sometime in the future and predicting "rain tomorrow afternoon around 3pm".

#39     Mar 18, 2006
  10. 1)Oil has disappeared from media, sentiment is cooling down
    2)MACD bull divergence in small trading range, breakout anticipated
    3)EUR/USD is bullish, a break of 1.2350 would signal a bottom, which would be bullish for commodities.
    4)Iranian oil bourse starts trading on March. 20th
    So oil will go up in the near term, in fact, I'll prolly be buying some oil/oil stocks in my real money portfolio on Monday.
    The reason I don't like to give out too many reasons, is I don't want others to copy me ;).

#40     Mar 18, 2006