Crude bounce.....

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by patbateman, Feb 13, 2006.

1. well we gapped up today, i think there is room for more of a move up, but ultimately i see it as a counter-trend rally, where we are still stuck in a bear market (short term obviously). I am waiting patiently for the perfect opportunity to get balls long and just hold until it breaks 70........we need a catalyst though. OPEC is planning on cutting production at its meeting in march.......i think oil will see 80 bucks this year without question.

#11     Feb 17, 2006
  2. Is the nigerian oil crisis the catalyst that will take us back to the high sixties? My guess is no, since OPEC meets and will most likely vote for no production cut because of the unexpected decline in nigerian production. IS this just a counter trend rallY( as i so aptly predicted last week...hah)

What does ET think?

#12     Feb 21, 2006
  3. contango

contango

We normally see the low in February as we come out of cold winter fears and refineries go into maintenance. The SPR normally wants to be fully stocked at this time before traders start thinking about the summer driving season. If we don't see inventories rise today then crude suddenly becomes very bullish again... In terms of trends I think we're seeing the short term trend starting to pick up the longer term bull trend again... The market has pretty much fully discounted high inventories and is now looking for any reason to get in again... Unless there is some major bearish news out soon I don't expect April to break below $60.

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. Excellent. Please post more often contango.

#14     Feb 23, 2006
  5. landboy

landboy

Nice name... 60 is definitely a support, so is 57 area, we break those we may be in for a squeeze further down towards low 50s... Me's a hopin

#15     Feb 23, 2006
  6. our good buddy Hugo Chavez has been quiet of late....

and OPEC has knocked off the production cut talk as the basket is just above $50....

never a dull moment in Viet Iraq.....

rumor is that the oil in the strategic reserve is being sold forward....naa, cant be ....

#16     Feb 24, 2006
  7. Surdo

Surdo

It sure seems like a PPT is holding it above $60!

I will take a swing at 58 and change.

#17     Feb 24, 2006
  8. Hmmm... sorta my thoughts there, but maybe the target is 60. Any thing to back it up more than a hunch?

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Saudi refinery explosions and gunshots, crude gonna be all over the map today.

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. thks for heads up ...

#20     Feb 24, 2006