Crude best hours to trade?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Jdesey, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

Okay,,, I believe the Chicago pit is open from 800 CST to 13:30 CST.... so I guess those are prime time trading hours... but Crude trades well on many other time slots...

I am in California... I am trying to develop a set of rules for myself on Crude...
    If I knew for instance that it was good at 9 pm PST,,, cause that's the London open (I think) , then I would be willing to see if there are opportunities...

thoughts please...

2. If you have to ask this on a public forum, you're in no position to be trading crude oil. You need to know this from your own research and data.

Should be obvious.

eliteubertrader and Gotcha like this.
  3. Jdesey

Jdesey

gee thankx for the positive input... next!

isn't that what this forum is all about... getting information...

but if I knew everything like you Laissez, I would be set

motif likes this.
  4. It is positive in that I'm trying to help you. I wouldn't want to encourage you to lose your money.

Are you seriously wanting to be told from a bunch of strangers when you should trade crude oil?

Gotcha likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Your best bet would be to examine the historical data for each day over the past 6 months, say, and see if major moves occur during the times you can personally trade CL. Look to see when the best moves occur, and adjust accordingly.

Xela likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Its simple. Backtest the "all session data" that you have for Crude Oil CL futures. Next, let the results of your backtest tell you when is the best time to trade Crude Oil CL futures via when you're most likely profitable.

For example, you're asking people online (strangers) that are using a "different" trade method than you for opinions when you should not be trading something that someone else tells you what is a "good time to trade Crude". :D

Seriously, wouldn't you want to trade Crude when your trade method is most likely to be profitable or do you prefer to trade Crude when a bunch of people tell you a time duration to trade ? :cool:

I've met some of the most profitable traders because they understand the goal is to make money and not trade what's popular and not trade something that others tell them when to trade it.

Essentially, my recommendation is similar to Overnight's recommendation but do more than just examine the data...

Backtest the "all sessions historical data" via your trade method. Also, put a little more weight on the results of the most recent months versus the results many years.

Xela likes this.
  7. motif

motif

Crude usually gets going at 4am eastern. Most days you see a push in price at this time.