Crude at $65 will signal market callapse

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by chlawfirm, Jun 17, 2005.

1. NKNY

NKNY

Simple economics of supply and demand...

Bush is an oilman who has many friends in the US and the world who SUPPLY the world with oil and bush and his friends DEMAND they make a fortune by milking this president thing for all it's worth.....

My recommendation.....

Bush in office = long oil

Bush out of office = short oil

when bush first took office I was getting gas for .99 cents a gallon...now I pay $2.45 and rising. coinkidink...I think not...

Sure wish he was in the peanut business....:D

#51     Jun 20, 2005
  2. Alberta energy stocks have been an excellent bet recently. I see more upside. Inflation? I have a fixed 15-year and 30-year mortgages on housing. I say bring it! :)

#52     Jun 20, 2005
  3. SteveD

SteveD

Oil and interest rates were much higher when the peanut farmer was in office.

So please explain the connection????

SteveD

#53     Jun 20, 2005
  4. Ummm.... normally you would be right.

Except for the fact that this run up in oil is 'conveniently' occuring at a point when strong deflationary influences appeared in our economy. Hence, the whole bond yield 'conundrum'.

What's the best way you know to incite inflation? Raise oil prices - that affects everything! Keep them high enough and prices will surely start to rise! And when inflation is too high, then bond yields will also start to rise, resolving the problem of the "conundrum". That gives the fed the ability to raise interest rates some more, and then drop them in the future to stimulate the economy or the equity markets.

So, sorry, at this time, inflation is GOOD for most markets (except bonds) and equals rising prices. Frankly, I think this is priced into the market already.

#54     Jun 20, 2005
  5. I dont think anyone has priced $65 plus a barrell into the equation. We are heading for a really hard landing I fear with oil spiralling higher and as quickly as it is.

#55     Jun 20, 2005
  6. 166 is nothing compared to what it will drop once crude hits $65/b.

#56     Jun 23, 2005
  7. $5 to go lol!

#57     Jun 24, 2005
  8. $4 more to go!! Market Collapse here we cum!

#58     Jun 27, 2005
  9. $100 oil is priced in

#59     Jun 27, 2005
  10. Yeah but not $200 oil and then $400 oil. Time to load up... just need a bigger garage for all those drums!!

#60     Jun 27, 2005