Crox

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Hook N. Sinker, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I observe CROX trading at a historic high price. The high price appears at a time when the general market index values are decreasing.

#21     Aug 28, 2007
  2. sspikey

sspikey

i never post here i usually just read but im a trader by day. My background is in...you guessed it...SHOES!!!I have owned, manufactured, been a buyer, retail etc. The beauty of crox is, yes they are a fad but unlike others they are stepping out from the simple idiot looking shoe into other products and using the same, clean comfortable rubber in different shoes.

Second having manufacturing experience i can promise you the markup on those shoes is probably INSANE. There is no major labor in them nor any leather.

What do i think? If they keep expanding the lines they will go very far in the shoe business. Although yes i am hesitant to buy even a few shares at this point

#22     Aug 28, 2007
  3. tpmeyer

tpmeyer

I thought they were just a fad too, and got out about $20 ago. My son held on and has made quite a profit. Yes, they are a fad, but they still got room to grow it seems. Everything new starts out as a fad. Those goofy tight undershirts that UnderArmour came up with was a fad. Now it's mainstream.

#23     Aug 29, 2007
  4. I completely agree. I stated some of this in another thread, but this stock is fundamentally strong. It's also going to move with the market fairly steadily with a beta of .96, so the only way this stock becomes a successful short is if the market tanks. And even so, because of the profit margins, the amount of cash on hand and the analyst love of this stock, this stock is not going to fall very fast I don't believe.

#24     Aug 29, 2007
  5. CROX saying Gross Margins Will Fall To Mid-50% Range QoQ From 59% Last Q; Citing Increased Overhead. Hearing Analysts Have Been Modeling An Increase In Gross Margins.

CROX just got hammered.

#25     Sep 5, 2007
  6. UPDATE!!!!

CROX stated that rumors that CFO made a statement about gross margins are not true at all...

#26     Sep 5, 2007
  7. Croxs will see $65 soon ....

werd

#27     Sep 5, 2007
  8. Sounds like a little rumor got started to do some short covering :D

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not "predicting" this stock is going up. I simply don't believe that without some drastically bad news, this stock is fundamentally strong in the short-term at least. Now that's also not to say that if the market as a whole declines, that this stock won't decline as well. It's just that I believe this stock is a short gamble based on speculation as opposed to a solid reason. It's upside potential is higher than it's downside.

There, I've hedged myself nicely:p

#28     Sep 5, 2007
  9. wxkid23

wxkid23

Earnings tomorrow and im long a large position

Who else is in?

#29     Oct 30, 2007
  10. gobar

gobar

i think stock goes lower...

huge earning already baked in stock...

#30     Oct 30, 2007