Crox

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lloyd111, May 10, 2008.

1. The chart tells all. I can go on, but the chart is the most telling.

#21     May 30, 2008
  2. are the fundamentals in trouble..........or just that it used to be a 75 dollar stock and now its 10 that makes it so bad............or that its a "FAD" ?

#22     May 30, 2008
  3. P/E is sitting at 6.24 with the current PPS of $10.21.

If it goes to $5 then the P/E would be 3.12.. that wouldn't make much sense!

My investment philosophy is geared more towards finding value at low P/E in beaten-down fallen angel type stocks. I have long term holding goals for these stocks. I can't day-trade because IB didn't give me a margin account so the only privilege I have is to buy stocks.

A year down the road, let's say that one of them goes BK and the other one is a triple bagger. Well, I've more than broken even right there. If all of them went BK, well - it goes with the territory . I know that there's all of the risk in the world in stock ownership.

#23     May 30, 2008
  4. squeeze baby !

#24     Jul 8, 2008
  5. There are a TON of stocks with P/E ratios of 5 or less right now; many under 3.

And they're not swimming in debt, either.

And many of them have been HAMMERED, down anywhere from 20% to 70%.

They are established businesses, selling real things that real businesses and real people buy.

They've been around for a long, long time.

I like to perceive myself as a value investor, and while not a veteran, I've seen some extreme volatility (just look at June). I've never seen such a merciless and indiscriminate equity selling wave. Absolutely brutal.

What's the problem, then?

Mr. Market hates lack of clarity going forward above all else.

#25     Jul 8, 2008
  6. list some of those companies.........especially ones that have high short interest

#26     Jul 8, 2008
  7. SIGM

#27     Jul 8, 2008
  8. Second that.

Thank you.

#28     Jul 8, 2008
  9. Crox may be a good buy at $0.00

#29     Jul 9, 2008
  10. shut up

#30     Jul 9, 2008