Crox

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lloyd111, May 10, 2008.

1. Well, I don't think I'm an authority on anything related to the financial markets, hehe. I'm good at losing money.

You've got a big position on CROX! You can continue to average down if you want, I'm sure it will creep back up to your cost basis sooner rather than later.

It's a long term hold in my opinion and it's a gamble. I like the low P/E ratio and the big upside potential. The fact that a lot of short covering has occurred, the stock is up currently in a horrible down market, and I think the sentiment is finally turning. Good to be in on these levels. Of course, the money you have in CROX should also be money that you'd feel fine being without. If this is money you're depending on in any way, shape, or form, take it out right away. Anything can happen in the market ;)

Another stock that is similarly a hopes-and-dreams play, except even riskier, is IMB. I'm in 2900 shares at 2.07 DCA and am going to hold it for a decently long amount of time, hoping for a double or triple on my investment.

Good trading,
    Therm

#11     May 20, 2008
  2. Hi Therm,do not worry,i too am adept at losing money lately lol.
    I never gamble money i need. Guess i just needed an opinion from a fello Crox stock holder. Thanks again.Value your opinin thx.

#12     May 20, 2008
  3. Hi lloyd, hope you enjoyed the market action today on CROX. Picking up some upward momentum and speed maybe? We're cruising up to your cost basis. Who knows, maybe soon we'll be at 15!

IMB which I mentioned above had a banner of a day, up about 15%. Yesterday and the day before I picked up a lot more shares at the lows and now it's almost kissing my cost basis, which is wonderful considering that yesterday was pretty bleak. Hoping to keep seeing big gains in the coming days as well.

Cheers!

#13     May 22, 2008
  4. nassau

nassau

We have played crox for months and lately play it via selling puts and receiving the premium at current prices.
    currently have just sold june, july 10 and 11 dollars and will scale into a 5-10k position.

I personally see crox testing mid to high teens by sept and will sell 14 and 15 calls as the price climb and use the calls as stop losses.
    right now at current bid/ask price one can sell a sept 14 call for 90 cents.
    if correct each 1k position at current price is worth 4k.
    see a short term rally increasing the premium to 2-3 dollars increasing one's roi.
    cheap stock worse case I keep receiving the premium from puts and calls

w

#14     May 22, 2008
  5. Hi Therm,I did enjoy todays action,hope you did also.
    Good to hear your banner stock is breaking out....hope you make a pot full of greenbacks.

Not sure what Crox is set up for tomorrow but the charts do lean to the bear side with pressure reducing so a pop and back and forth for a couple more days perhaps. Just surmizing who the hay can really call anything when it comes to the not so free free markets lol.

Cheers!

GL tomorrow.

#15     May 22, 2008
  6. Was there bad news today?:confused:

#16     May 30, 2008
  7. an institution dumped it on the open market. no news that I can see. anecdotally the products (Croc shoes) are flying off the shelves and can't be kept in stock to save their lives. Who knows what's going to happen?

#17     May 30, 2008
  8. is that how big institutions do it? all at once over 20 minutes? they do their accumulating slowely right?

#18     May 30, 2008
  9. Crox is a horrrrible stock. It is going to 5 dollars. A lot of people have Tivo and Sirius Radio but that doesnt make them good stocks.

#19     May 30, 2008
  10. stock trader 3: Why is it a horrible stock?? Not being smart or anything..........just want to know your reasons>>>>balance sheet, price, or what??

#20     May 30, 2008