CROX tp declare stock split in near future

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ghostzapper, Aug 1, 2007.

CROX which price first ?

1. up to $70 baby

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. down to $50, it's a dog w fleas

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. No worries. We did blow 3 pages debating the same position. Oh well.

#31     Aug 2, 2007
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Yeah, i'm long, no short, no wait long, what a bunch of BS. Just like a certain trader who doesn't know he is underwater on a "trade" until it is pointed out to him. A lot of delusion going on on ET by grown men, pretty sad stuff.

#32     Aug 2, 2007
  3. Joab

Joab

If your referring to me I'm not underwater on this trade at all.

The only illusion your going to see in 3 months from now is WHY you were stupid enough to believe that rubber shoes (that are easily knocked off) could be selling for $30 when they can be produced for $2.00.

It's only a matter of time before the bottom is pulled out on this and your left with AIR.

#33     Aug 2, 2007
  4. Mvic

Mvic

No, not referring to you.

No position in crox, eventually will look to get short but not yet.

#34     Aug 2, 2007
  5. I've seen bigger jokes, riding a wave of short interest, have even greater stock price appreciation. There was a company on the amex called "scandinavian ..." something, i forgot. The stock had a static web page, and they say they had an "internet switch". The company was worthless, yet went from split adjusted price of $1 to over $100 . There were multiple splits. Then it collapsed.

Crox at least makes a product. This was a static web page.
    Does anyone remember the name of this company?

#35     Aug 2, 2007
  6. True, I vaguely remember the company. There are a million examples.

#36     Aug 2, 2007
  7. Cheap imitations will never kill CROX.
    -fashion is less value sensitive than other industries. CROX are cheap to begin with. CROX spends, I believe, $0 on advertising and fakes will only highten awareness.
    -I can't think of a single fad or fashion brand that was killed off by fakes. Oakley, Birkenstock, Louis Vuitton???
    -Aging hippies pay premium for fashion that meshes with their ideology.
    -CROX markups have to be astronomical yet they are affordable for everyone.
    -CROX is branching out with different lines. No one knows how well these lines will be received.

Why does someone short a strong growth stock in the midst of a bull market that is valued reasonably and with a big short interest? Why does someone short prior to earnings and in the midst of a parabolic breakout?

Note: I've spent less than 5 minutes researching this company and have no $ on the line at the moment.

#37     Aug 3, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

There's the blow off top down she goes. :cool:

#38     Aug 3, 2007
  9. ? nice call

CROX +.20 to $60.50

say hello to crox $63, and say hello to new excuses by marketsmurfer. My guess, rather than getting stopped out @ $63 like he said, ego will force him to say that he is now "doubling up" again at $63.

Isn't it great to keep doubling up every time you lose $5 on a stock ? And then you say you have no loss b/c you didn't cover (ala mr. market). Nice work smurf.

#39     Aug 3, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

$58.90 area is my first target to get half off this trade but I doubt it gets there today.

#40     Aug 3, 2007