CROX: This could be huge and ignite the long awaited SQUEEZE !

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bigpig41, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. do you think it will eventually go under or just become a much smaller entity?

#22     Jul 24, 2008
  3. A short squeeze is when the stock has an upward trending price pattern. Crox short squeeze has been over for a while. When there's a high short ratio and the stock is in a downward price patter, you can bet the shorts are right.

The only reason it bounced last week is because the whole market was moving higher in a bit of a short covering rally, profits were taken, now the downtrend is continuing.

#23     Jul 24, 2008
  4. Thanks for the answer: The company I believe has some cash and a decent balance sheet. What do you think will happen? Will they let the deteriorating business destroy that cash(maybe they'll have no choice) ............you think they'll be in business in 10 years??

#24     Jul 24, 2008
  5. down 3.99 in after hours as I type this . Hope there's gonna be a lot of people with hernia's in their feet.

hehehe Yikes!

#25     Jul 24, 2008
  6. #26     Jul 25, 2008
  7. JamesJ

JamesJ

tried to short it, no shorts available at IB, now message:

____

You recently attempted to enter one or more short sale orders in securities which were not available for shorting at that time. We have located shares on your behalf so you may be able to enter short sale orders for these titles within the next minute(s).

Stock

Symbol

Exchange

CostToBorrow

CROCS INC

CROX

NASDAQ

32.06%

The rates shown are the indicative additional costs to borrow these securities above the normal borrow rates. The effective cost to borrow will be determined at the time the borrow is actually established.
    Please note that the above stocks are generally deemed hard to borrow and may not be shortable again in the future. Additionally, certain borrowed positions have a higher likelihood of being recalled by the lender. In the event of a recall you may be required to repurchase positions on short notice or, if the lender initiates the repurchase, IB may pass on the transaction costs to you.

____

that's expensive...
    based on the fact that there were no shorts available first i jumped up long above 5.01 and closed it for a nice profit...

#27     Jul 25, 2008
  8. Daal

Daal

What happens if you dont carry the position after the close, are they still going to charge that rate?

#28     Jul 25, 2008
  9. JamesJ

JamesJ

i have no idea.
    never done it

#29     Jul 25, 2008