CROX, RIMM and other bubbles

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by heilbronner1, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Anybody reasonable could have looked at the fundamentals of AOL and known it was a bad company. People weren't going to download on 56K modems forever... their business model junk mail and slow internet.

#51     Nov 10, 2007
  2. Rugby

Rugby

You think corporate users, cell phone carriers, people paying through the nose for BB email ($50 per month for non corp user) etc is going to go on forever? Top was in RIMM past few weeks...never going back up there..This thing will be back below 100 very soon...CSCO comes to mind. Great company etc...but bear market and reality will get this valuation much lower...All those EPS growth explanations etc...you can kiss goodbye...Makes sense on the way up..not now...

#52     Nov 10, 2007

3. I am in the trading game more than you are.

What is now matters, whats is not going to be tomorrow won't matter, cause we move on.

You cannot compare AOL with RIMM.

I trade RIMM, made lots of it going up. Sold it near 136, option, calls, naked puts you name. Now it comes down we get in again.

#53     Nov 10, 2007

4. Nothing is forever.

Look at Starbucks, Whole Foods they lasted for a while didn't they? RIMM will last for sometime, than something new will come along, and than something else. That is the game, play those leading momentum stocks, maximize your profits and than move on...

.... I ain't going to sit here and nurse some sick companies with low multiples parked near Bankruptcy Courts and call myself a hero if I manage to come out making 20% returns. I leave those those to " value investors" and let them puff on the cigar butts.

#54     Nov 10, 2007

5. Another down day for RIMM?

#55     Nov 12, 2007

6. Will we reach $ 100 for today?:D

#56     Nov 12, 2007
  7. Rugby

Rugby

These tech stocks are in a world of trouble....Cramer recent pump of the four horseman (rimm included) was the kiss of death.

Very remincient of his pumping and pimping of now bankrupt internet names in 2000. Apparently alot of money was hiding in the momo bunch....

#57     Nov 12, 2007
  8. We were scratchin $ 100 today.
    Target, as alreadey mentioned $ 80 within this month.

#58     Nov 12, 2007
  9. jmh0

jmh0

I only subscribe to a few technical signals, most don't seem to work (my opinion). One is the adage that gaps have a tendency to get filled.

Have a look at this gap chart for CROX, it's got support from Gap #1; could fill Gap #2 .

Thoughts? I know, I know, I hate the shoes too.
    jmh0

#59     Nov 13, 2007
  10. $80? lol not gonna happen

$100 was a bottom.

#60     Nov 13, 2007