CROX, RIMM and other bubbles

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by heilbronner1, Nov 1, 2007.

1. LMFAO. Wheres the crystal ball? I am laughing so hard reading any of your posts now. I can't even take anything you say seriously. My stomach hurts from laughing so much.

#41     Nov 9, 2007
  2. Anyone long on CROX after the massive sell off earlier this month?

I was surprised by the momentum this firm received and expected it to come back down, but not this much...

Unless Croc's footwear prove to be merely a fad, I dont see why it would not be a good time to buy.

I dont own any cros but the patented material and unique comfort seem durable in terms of future consumer demand.

#42     Nov 9, 2007
  3. We're not in a bubble (at least not in connection with the techs), but we are in a phase of anticipated slowing growth which basically is the reason why investors take money off the table. It won't crash. Just consolidate or perhaps adjust prices to the downside to make sure the stock's performance matches the company's future growth.

#43     Nov 9, 2007
  4. so much complacency out there.

#44     Nov 9, 2007
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The complacent serve a valuable function. Once the bears have got things going their way, they need the sudden panic of what were the complacent to accelerate prices into the abyss. The greater the supply of the complacent and the oblivious, the more easily the requirement for panic is met. But in the end justice is done, because the bears were used as cannon fodder on the way up.

It will be an interesting study to see if Captain Paulson, Ship's Steward Bernanke, and their PPT, can stem the tide until election day 2008.

#45     Nov 9, 2007
  6. Rimm and AMZN aren't bubbles

crox is crap though

#46     Nov 10, 2007

7. Have you seen the Fundamentals on RIMM? Did you see the EPS growth and Sales growth last 8 quarters? It will blow your minds away. This is a growth stock hit by profit taking right now. Institutions wants to take some off the table.

There is NO bubble here.

#48     Nov 10, 2007
  8. agree no bubbles

#49     Nov 10, 2007

9. The samt was true with AOL in 1999. EPS growth, sales, EBITA and .... Take a look at it now.

I assume you are not in the trading game for a decade, are you?

#50     Nov 10, 2007