CROX, RIMM and other bubbles

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by heilbronner1, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Listen, I don't want to waste my time arguing with you. I'm a pro, I trade for a living for several years now.

Time will answer all your questions.

Adieu.

#21     Nov 4, 2007
  2. Just watch me make money on RIMM.

#22     Nov 4, 2007
  3. Funny thing before 2000 nobody ever used the term 'bubble'. Today after people got burned they see a potential bubble behind everything that went up 100%. Pathetic.

#23     Nov 4, 2007
  4. Pro's don't predict tops before the fact, rather that's what amateurs do.

#24     Nov 4, 2007
  5. akeyla

akeyla

If there is a stock that is overpriced it it is AMZN. The only reason it is up is because of so many people shorting it. Compare its PE to that of EBAY and YHOO. These stocks are ridiculously cheap in comparison.

#25     Nov 4, 2007
  6. ronblack

ronblack

P/E = 79

This is a bubble for sure regardless of whether the company is making money.

Ron

#26     Nov 4, 2007
  7. ronblack

ronblack

EBAY P/E is 366 vs 103 for AMZN

Maybe you got it backwards.

Ron

#27     Nov 4, 2007
  8. Bowgett

Bowgett

eBay's p/e is high because they had to write off Skype.

#28     Nov 4, 2007
  9. regardless, got to look at forward estimates against growth rates. They tell the story of stock valuation. Ebay next yr earnings is 1.66. Current PE is meaningless. Against $35, thats a 21 forward PE... Very well priced if you think they are able to grow 20% annually. And no reason a speculative frenzy couldn't add 50% to this stock.

AMZN and CRM are two I don't get ... people give them a huge multiple.

The shorts will never get ahold of CRM like they did CROX. Why? Its a conspiracy, and I can't figure it out.

:)

#29     Nov 4, 2007

10. In growth stocks P/E doesnt matters. Its all short term trading. You are not going to buy and hold. Applying that buy and hold logic doesn't work on momentum stocks. You are still making money, lots of it.

#30     Nov 4, 2007