Crox=Massive manipulation

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by scarylarry, Oct 31, 2007.

1. How is this market manipulation? This is the way momentum stocks react once they lose their mojo.

CROX had beaten estimates by a mile and then raised guidance for the last three quarters. When they failed to do that today, all the momentum guys got out. Just the way the stock market works. No "master manipulators" at work here.

#11     Oct 31, 2007
  2. CROX = busted momo stock. Not pretty when you can't stretch the multiple any higher. This is dead money on the long side, I would buy otm leap puts and just wait for the inevitable.

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. I agree with you. They killed this thing. Tomorrow opens up 60's IMO.

I hate these momo's but this time they over did it A/H.

#13     Oct 31, 2007
  4. I'm making a play on the dip. Good for a bounce tomorrow.

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. honghong

honghong

i'm thinking about grabbing a small position of this tomorrow as well.

#15     Nov 1, 2007
  6. In as well.

#16     Nov 1, 2007
  7. The Short Sellers who have been burned come in to POUND this down after hours when it is illiquid. They are hoping to recoup their busted investment. Same thing happened to RIMM after earnings. I see this taking off quickly. If you call guidance of 40% gain next year losing your momo, you need a lesson in finance. They are operating at full capacity. If anything, they need to expand the plant. They cannot keep up.

QUOTE]Quote from scarylarry:

dont believe stocks are manipulated? Look at Crox in after hors LMAO! [/QUOTE]

#17     Nov 1, 2007
  8. Not always. I never lost in OSTK and complained mightily. But, you are correct; the crowd keeps its 'piehole' shut unless it loses.

right is right. Wrong is wrong. At least in my demented world.

#18     Nov 1, 2007
  9. ess1096

ess1096

Rem. of a Stock Operator, Page 220:

"I can't have much sympathy for the man who blames others for his own failure to make easy money. He is a devil of a clever fellow when he wins. But when he LOSES money the other fellow was a crook; a manipulator."

Page 221:

"Stocks are manipulated to the highest point possible and then sold to the public on the way down."

#19     Nov 1, 2007
  10. Fucking waterfall continues. Not ready to catch the falling knife yet.

#20     Nov 1, 2007