CROX before earnings ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wiesman02, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Calls or puts people ? Volatility is through the roof so the premiums are quite high at the moment, but maybe tomorrow, we'll see some stable prices and cheaper premiums.......I hope.

After seeing whats BIDU, AAPL, AMZN has been doing, i might just buy some deep ITM calls and ride out the earnings.

THOUGHTS ?

2. Know what the redneck said, just before he died?

"Hey, Y'all. Watch this."

You're guessing. Real quick way to end up with a real job. .

3. Of course I'm guessing. I love earnings season.

ps: If i lose a set amount during earnings, i quit. But so far I'm up so i will continue to guess.

4. Yea if you go all in and the earnings are bust you're ****** but I doubt anyone is stupid enough to do that.

I'm looking for a similar AH pop as AAPL, BIDU, or AMZN. If it pops 4-6% I'll buy some shares and ride them higher. I never buy before the earnings release but after.

5. The Jan08 50 straddle is 60% vol with Aug07 at 85%~, historic highs. I'd sell the Jan08 50 equal to size you'd take long/short the underlying. $16.00 on the Jan08. The stat vol is 50% on spot.

6. There she goes...another one I missed.

7. shoulda, coulda, woulda

8. Damn. Chickened out and only did the August $55 calls.

Delta is 33%. I'll have to exercise this option to really make any money out of it. Hopefully, it opens over $60, and the delta flies up so I can make some freakin' money.

9. You should have an AWESOME day tomorrow Wiesman! I am in at $58.50 in AH. Good Luck!!

10. Thanks I hope so.

#10     Jul 26, 2007