Cross market futures diary.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Cat88, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Cat88

Cat88

Copper HGH8 has come a long way in a short time and typically I find the heavily traded assets prices rarely go for more than a 10% move before retracing back at least 3-5%. A 3% pull back would show a strong trend, 5% a decent break and past 7% I would start to question the strength of the move. Hence why pyramiding into a position (adding additonal units to your position) in the first 3% (i.e. at 1%, 2% and 3% gain) is quite useful because if the move is strong then you're unlikely to get your stops hit.

Also looking at selling Cotton between here and 79.80 where it has met resistance a couple of times before and along a similar theme to copper has come a long way in a short time.

I'm continuing to stay long sugar as although the move from recent lows has made it to the 200 day moving average the speed at which it moved through the average in a slow but steady way makes me think he could see another 4 or 5 move in the underlying contract price which would obviously be a good return on the futures contract.

Cocoa is giving me less confidence after I was stopped out when that dipped lower (below 1850).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Apart from these products, which generates more reliability?